StarCraft® II

Guide to the Forums

O.o

What inspired you to do that?
Reply Quote
- ANZ
Nice one. I like how you even included the "Ask nGen anything" and "Jimmy's big bad list of threads" threads in the Helpful links section.

I also like how you added info on the Unordered List, List Item and Code Blocks and using them to create nice posts and pretty signatures (Like mine ;-P).

With some of the unfortunate quality* in these forums in particular, getting even a few of the regulars that attend these forums should clear up a lot of unnecessary threads and keep everything in order.

*Not saying these forums have no valuable content whatsoever, but there are a lot of balance arguments on here...

Reply Quote
Its so organized. I like
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Well organized, well written, great, informative post. :)
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1965569482 - The Guide to Zerg Guides (I heard you like guides, so I put a guide about guides in my guide.)

I love it when **** gets meta! <3
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
This was a triumph.
Im making a note here, huge success...
Edited by Archer on 8/29/2011 8:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
Thanks =)

@Jopirg: I couldn't resist doing that =P in any case your guide deserves to be there, though.

This was a triumph.
Im making a note here, huge success...

I'm still sad that I haven't got to play the second portal game yet. =(
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support

I'm still sad that I haven't got to play the second portal game yet. =(

Fix that!
Reply Quote
MVP
I personally think you should get rid of the links from the cross-region forums. I suppose it's not a bad idea to have them, but most people are going to click them and wonder why they can't reply and then wonder why they can no longer post on the forums, because they don't know they're on the wrong region, :P.
Edited by Sixen on 9/1/2011 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
I personally think you should get rid of the links from the cross-region forums. I suppose it's not a bad idea to have them, but most people are going to click them and wonder why they can't reply and then wonder why they can no longer post on the forums, because they don't know they're on the wrong region, :P.

Yeah, that occurred to me.. I might just keep them separate, like:

Guides on other Regions (Need an account for that region to post)

and then list them below, or something. But I've been putting any edits off because links break when editing it. =(

Thanks for the feedback, though!
Reply Quote
`̧̡̧̛̝̟̱̟̠͕̹̥̱̯̼̖̦̤̘ͯͮ͛̿̾̾̀̅̎̔̈́͌̆ͩͬ͠
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
TheSkunk you've been making some great progress here. I wanted to talk to you about a couple things. I just got to check up on some stuff first.
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
09/11/2011 07:29 PMPosted by Archer
TheSkunk you've been making some great progress here. I wanted to talk to you about a couple things. I just got to check up on some stuff first.

Sure! (Gotta check my criminal record to see if I'm an undercover troll by night first, eh? ;P )

Unless you just want to talk about things specific to this post, I'm guessing you don't want to continue the conversation here. .?

Also, do you know a fix to links breaking when you edit posts? Its been discouraging me from updating this thread.
Edited by TheSkunk on 9/12/2011 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support

Also, do you know a fix to links breaking when you edit posts? Its been discouraging me from updating this thread.

Thats one of the things i wanna talk to you about ;)
Email ots-feedback@lordaeron.org
Reply Quote

I also have this problem with my guide, I'll give you an internet cookie if you tell me!
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
Email sent!

I also have this problem with my guide, I'll give you an internet cookie if you tell me!

The only workaround I've found is keeping a word document of the post\links so you can just copy & paste them in each time they break, but then you have to update the word document every time you add a link to the post to keep it synchronized.
Edited by TheSkunk on 9/13/2011 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The only workaround I've found is keeping a word document of the post\links so you can just copy & paste them in each time they break, but then you have to update the word document every time you add a link to the post to keep it synchronized.

Yeah that's the same thing I do.
Reply Quote
- StarCraft

Yeah that's the same thing I do.

Actually, Maged made a post about it on the Diablo 3 forums: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3076127758#3

Not sure how it works, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]