PROTOSS:
1 - Judicator’s Blade (Mothership)
- Capable of using Mass Recall, Planet Cracker, and creating a Black Hole
4 - Carrier
9 - Void Ray
16 - Phoenix
16 - Scout
4 - Observers
25 - Warp Prism (Not Armed, but carrying ground forces and supplies)
20 - Probe
25 - Zealot
15 - Stalker
10 - Sentry
5 - Immortal

2350 minerals, 1100 gas

4 High Templar (-200 minerals, -600 gas)
4 Warp prisms (-800 minerals)
2 Colossus (-600 minerals, -400 gas)
5 Zealots (-500 minerals)

Remainder: 250 minerals, 100 gas

Hellspork is right. this is mathcraft, not starcraft.
Edited by Zanon on 8/24/2011 10:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
(I'm not sure you're supposed to get that far ahead, Zanon. Hellspork and I are still on day 1. I figured Aradan would determine the day's results before the beginning of the next day.)

(It seems that this RP pays no attention to build times)
Day 2: 2000 min from mining, 500 from colonists. 900 min gathered
“A captain can only retain his position if he maintains the respect of his crew. If that respect is lost, so are you.”
My father’s words echo in my brain as I stand at the bridge. “What is the situation?”
My first officer turns to me. “We have established our forward base, and are at peak mining capacity.” Our ships contain many pilots and recruits waiting to be given vehicles or suits. (That way I can build units)
Construction list:
Second starport (-150 min 100 gas) with tech lab (-75 min 25 gas)
Factory tech lab (-75 min 25 gas)
Research Banshee Cloak (-200 min 200 gas)
Second factory (-150 min 100 gas) with tech lab (-75 min 25 gas)
Research siege tech (-100 min 100 gas)
4 Banshees (-600 min 400 gas)
4 Siege tanks (-600 min 500 gas)
Remaining Resources: 650 min 200 gas
I send a message to the Protoss. They could be friendly Protoss, or those fanatics like the Tal’darim. I have to ask to find out.
Reply Quote
I know... But I'm going by real days until he says otherwise.

Bridge officer: "The terrans are trying to contact us Executor. Shall I put them through?"

Me: "Terrans... put them trough, this is a good time to determine their intention. Perhaps they will be wise enough not to get in our way."

(remember arrogance is almost a requirement for protoss)
Reply Quote
(I'll just have to catch up then)
The comm officer looks up. "Captain, the protoss are hailing us."
"Put them through"
A proud looking Protoss face appears on the main screen. Having spent some time with protoss, I know a few greetings.
"En Taro Tassadar, Executor. I am Captain Lucius Jackson. My fleet and I are here to investigate rumors of a Xel'naga artifact. I am assuming you are here for the same thing."
The Protoss responds, "Yes, and the artifact belongs to the Firstborn."
I try to think of a way to be diplomatic about this. I decide to use the Protoss' intense hatred for the zerg.
"We aren't even certain this artifact exists. However, I think both our main priorities should be making sure the zerg don't get ahold of it. If Kerrigan could use an artifact of that power...we would all be dead. We can't afford to fight each other over this."
Reply Quote
The diplomacy begins.
:)

"Excellent, you attack the zerg moon while my forces take the zerg on the planet. I will secure the artifact for the Firstborn. I appreciate your assistance."

I do not think this terran is going to except these terms, but come blood and battle, there is no doubt that it is the protoss who will receive the device at the end of this battle.

Counter offer time.
Reply Quote
"You drive a hard bargain, Protoss."
I know that his confidence in the might of his forces will make negotiations hard. The Protoss tend to be overconfident in their so-called superior technology. However, despite my confidence in my forces, I know that a battle with the Protoss will be devastating for both sides.

"Look, I may be a pirate, but I am man of honor. I'm not here to steal a relic of your history. I simply want to ensure the survival of my race."
I try to think of a counter-offer. As tempting as it is, "Back off or we'll nuke you" just isn't good negotiating.
"Perhaps we go down to the planet together. If we find the artifact, I will want to use it a couple times, then you can have it. However, I want some guarantee that the device won't be used against Terrans."
(Day 3 macro in a bit)
Reply Quote
Day 4

250 minerals, 100 gas
Income: 2000 minerals, 900 gas per day

Start: 2250 minerals, 1000 gas

8 Dark Templar (-1000 minerals, -1000 gas)
4 Warp-gates (-600 minerals)

Remainder: 650 minerals, 0 gas
Reply Quote
Hey guys, sorry I've been off for a while. I had a crisis with a roommate leaving; cutting the power off when he left (he had the payment in his name, and didn't tell us). We've only just got power, so I wanted to apologize. I'll be more active from here on out. However, it looks like you guys are doing just fine without me.

I've been thinking about reworking part of the mechanics of how the RP works and might start this again. However, give me your thoughts, and I'll keep you posted.
Reply Quote
I think Zanon should let me catch up on my macro.
Reply Quote
You are doing fine, Hellspork is going to have A LOT to spend when he gets back.

Perhaps you shopuld set a stop date for mathcraft and have us work with what we made.
Edited by Zanon on 8/28/2011 7:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Aldaran you should give some suggestions/ guidelines soon. Mathcraft is no fun.
Reply Quote
Oh you guys go ahead and build whatever, I'll have fun picking your posts apart and hard countering your weeks of work whenever you get finished. Frankly though, I don't see this roleplay getting that far. The mechanics of it are terrible, the roleplay (!) is nonexistant, and the host is MIA.
Reply Quote
08/29/2011 10:39 PMPosted by Hellspork
Oh you guys go ahead and build whatever, I'll have fun picking your posts apart and hard countering your weeks of work whenever you get finished. Frankly though, I don't see this roleplay getting that far. The mechanics of it are terrible, the roleplay (!) is nonexistant, and the host is MIA.

+1
Reply Quote
I think the idea for the RP is very good. I like the limited characters, as well as the characters themselves. If you decide to reboot this, Aradan, I would suggest giving the host more involvement, as well as taking out most of the macro (mathcraft) which kind of gets in the way of the Roleplaying.
Reply Quote
08/29/2011 10:39 PMPosted by Hellspork
the roleplay (!) is nonexistant, and the host is MIA.

So true....
Reply Quote
hey, if this RP's not happening, I'm gonna recycle my character.
Reply Quote
Yet another RP dies. :(
Reply Quote
may it rest in peace.
Reply Quote
It did not live a long life, but it was full of great potential.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]