StarCraft® II

Upgrade to Full Version

Hey everyone,
I just played through all the Terran missions (up to invasion of Char) and decided to go back to the Laboratory and play through all of the Protoss dudes memories. I got past the one where you have to collect the memories from the Overmind and then went on to play the next mission. It came up with a window that said I have played all the campaign missions I am allowed to in the Starter Version, Upgrade Now or Upgrade later.
Of course I panicked and hit Upgrade Later.
My main question is this: What does it mean by "Starter Version"? I spent the full $60 at GameStop to get what I thought was a full version of the game. I'd like to be able to play the full version.
And if it is just a matter of getting some DLC to add-on to the game then where do I buy it?
Also, how important is it to play through all the memories before going through Char? And are there even more missions unlocked with DLC?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I don't know anything about your starter version issue, but if you want to play the Zeratul missions, play them before you go to Char. You can't play any other missions after you've started Char.

You can replay any mission you played before, but any mission you didn't play is not available. You'll have to load an old save or start a new campaign to play them.
Reply Quote
AltrdPhoenix, I think you need to check your account to verify your game type
if it is listed as "Starter" then take your receipt back to game stop and complain to them or contact SC2 tech. support
Reply Quote
I got bored one day and tried altering a campaign map, when i clicked the test document button mine got the same thing.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem. It worked the first time I altered a campaign map but after that it started saying I need the full version. I think for some reason it thinks we're playing a demo copy.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem. I just bought my copy of starcraft 2 yesterday at best buy. I spent the full $60 and when I got home, it said I had to upgrade to the full version. I downloaded the updater for it, but it does.t seem to work. Should I get a new disc or what?
Reply Quote
you can download and install the game whenever or however for free. To play the full version of the game you have to have the game registered to your battle.net account. Without that, it doesnt matter how much you spend on the game, you will not be able to play the full version. The game should come with a CD key.

If im not mistaken, when you click to upgrade to the full version it asks you if you have a CD key.
Edited by Brathearon on 9/24/2011 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you had the starter version you'd only be able to play the 1st 5 missions. Sounds like you bought the full game and played the full game then for whatever reason it bugged out on you in the middle of nowhere and decided you have the starter version. Seek support.
Reply Quote
I just purchased the star craft 2:wings of liberty. I want to play the champaigne, howver its not letting me save to windows. download-systemk-check_xml?platform=win from battle.net
I bought the dumb game and wont let me downlaod the full version wtf!! somebody please help so i can play the full version
Reply Quote
it may be a little late for this but i found that when you first start the game you are in the starter version and in order to play full version you have to put the cd key on your account and close the game client and restart it then it starts in full version hope this helps some body
Reply Quote
i just got my starcraft 2 game and its all ready downloaded and intsald and what not but i keeps telling me i have to upgrade to full copy thts just the part i dont get iv done itt 3 time can someone help me plz
Reply Quote

DirtyBurger,

Just to be sure, did you purchase the game online or buy the CD?

The reason I ask, when installing from the CD I noobed and initiated a free download instead. My CD install stopped and the download (took forever) completed.

I uninstalled and paid close attention to the install process from the CD and everything went fine.

Maybe you've bumped into the same thing I did.

Reply Quote
U just have to find somewhere that ask you to buy the digital copy and put in ur code there, then u will be in the full verison...
Happened to me and fixed it by doing that
Reply Quote
I got my copy for x-mas and i loaded it on my labtop and i got to the 5th misson (terran) and i told me to update to the full version of the game, how do i do that? help me with this plz. sorry for any spelling mistakes.

Please make it easy to understand... i'd be thankful

thanks!
Edited by Freedom on 1/17/2012 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nevermind! I got it to work! don't know how though!
Reply Quote
I'm glad it worked out :)
Reply Quote
Me too, but what do i do if it if it happens again?
Reply Quote

It shouldn't, I believe the hard stop for trial versions is the 5th mission.
Reply Quote
Thanks! wonderful... Now i need to beat "welcome to the jungle" -chuckles-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]