StarCraft® II

Can we have profile info like the WoW forums?

I just visited the new Diablo 3 site and noticed that WoW players and SC players can post and their profile information is visible on the thread. WoW players' info is displayed under their photo, '56 Blood Elf Paladin' and then a number (not too sure what it represents, but it's info nonetheless). The SC posters can only show off their portrait.

I was wondering if this type of easy info-display could be implemented in the SC forums? Maybe it could display league, rank, points, and race. Maybe it would display their rank symbol and the points they have, as well as a little symbol displaying their race. I think TeamLiquid has something like this.

I mean, it would let people know stuff about you without having to check out your profile. I mean, the truth of the matter is, people want to know how 'good' the person is they're talking to is. I think it would be cool and would have no downside. The forums seem to be over-anonymous; anyone can say anything and if you have 1000 bronze league wins, people will assume you're very experienced. I mean, won't this kind of thin out the herd, as well as be cool? I think this would go nicely with the improved troll-hunting I've seen the moderators take part in recently.

I just feel like there needs to be something to show exactly what and who you are in the thread, other than your portrait, which doesn't really say much at all.

Does anyone else think this would be nice?
Edited by Monkeylord on 8/24/2011 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think that would be very nice. Bump!
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
It used to show Achievement Points. . . =(

This has been brought up many times before. I think the fear was that having your league displayed, or any such information, would encourage more elitist remarks\people bashing you based on your skill level.
Reply Quote
I think so, too.
Reply Quote
This has been brought up many times before. I think the fear was that having your league displayed, or any such information, would encourage more elitist remarks\people bashing you based on your skill level.

Yeah, I figured as much. But I mean, do people really believe this will affect it at all? Maybe this will just discourage people from lying about their achievements and trolling?
Reply Quote
Let use write in the profiles like it did in SC1/WC3.
Reply Quote
It used to show Achievement Points. . . =(

I'm not sure why they removed achievement points from under the profile pictures.

I imagine they wouldn't display people's league because it's not like in wow where it's your level and your class. It would be like it displaying your arena ratings under your profile, which yes that would cause a lot of flaming.
Reply Quote
Yeah I wouldnt mind having a star in the corner of my forum portrait. Good idea!
Reply Quote
Original poster is plat, didn't read.

;D jk jk, I think it'd be a pretty cool feature to add
Reply Quote
At a bare minimum, maybe just a little symbol showing your league. Or even race. I mean, we might as well just being showing our names, because portraits (while very cool) are irrelevant.
Reply Quote
08/24/2011 10:41 AMPosted by Nathanias

Exaclty; it only took you one second to find out I'm a noob. It will just be more informative to the community and all threads for the rest of time if it's just on the thread itself, and bashing will likely stay at the same level.
Reply Quote
08/24/2011 10:43 AMPosted by Monkeylord

Exaclty; it only took you one second to find out I'm a noob. It will just be more informative to the community and all threads for the rest of time if it's just on the thread itself, and bashing will likely stay at the same level.

lol don't quote out of context bro! I was just playing I don't want people to think I'm a jerk hahaha
Reply Quote
08/24/2011 10:45 AMPosted by Nathanias
lol don't quote out of context bro! I was just playing I don't want people to think I'm a jerk hahaha

I know, man, I'm just making a point about how easy it is to bash regardless of a more informative thread system. I wasn't trying to make you out as evil. Hahah.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the movement, Blizz. I didn't realize there was a topic more suitable than 'General Discussion'.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]