Continue Nova's story!
Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Actually everything FSHFWILL said was just about right. Btw the book does mention several times that Nova is close to protoss levels and would be if she had undergone terrazine therapy, in fact, it goes on to further say that the only one stronger than her would be Infested Kerrigan, who in the game is apparently psionically strong enough to break into zeratul's mind which is a hell of a feat.10/04/2011 08:35 AMPosted by PraetorianOk first, Nova can apparently make 'mind blasts' that can compete with nukes in explosive power. That's just stupid.
She has always had this power, if you ever bothered to read the first book. I think Kerrigan has the same ability. It wasn't a "nuke" either and it severely weakens her every time she uses it. .he made Tosh look like a idiot on crack with his military descions
Where? Tosh wanted to recruit people using none force. There's nothing idiotic about that.And apparently she is about equal to protoss mental powers.
Where did it say that? Stop making !@#$ up.
Don't listen to the guy above me. Apparently, he has never read any of the previous Ghost books since he's so confused about the psionic powers of Nova.
Anyways, I'm about half way through the book and it isn't exactly horrid, but it isn't great either. It's about what you expect out of a novel based on a game. The story isn't very broad in scope and doesn't really mention anything about the Queen of Blades or Raynors Rebel. It is 100% focused Project Shadowblade and its origins.
I bought this book hoping it'd be more about Tosh and the spectres but it didn't touch on him as much as I'd hoped
1. Ok first, Nova can apparently make 'mind blasts' that can compete with nukes in explosive power. That's just stupid.
2. Second her reaction time and sight is so good that she can move bullets an inch or two in flight to make them hit perfectly every time.
Ok HOW THE F%&*% CAN YOU SEE THE BULLET TO kNOW IT'S AN INCH OFF? Why didn't you just aim straight on in the first place? How is she able to dodge bullets? Like does being able to read people's mind make her reaction time around a million times faster then the average person?
3. Why is a 130 lb chick in no battle armor beating up massive steroid using marines in combat armor that increases their strength? It's just dumb.
4. She's using a hand gun to kill them while they're in full armor. Why wear the damn armor?
5. And what's up with a guy floating around in a computer system? He somehow melded into computers leaving his body behind...sorry that's really dumb.
6. The physics of the book make no sense, the author tried to make Nova too bada$$ (she was cool when she was just a really strong ghost) by making her dodge bullets like Neo in the matrix, rip open massive blasts doors and giving her the ability to make 'mind nukes' just went too far.
7. And apparently she is about equal to protoss mental powers. I've read all the SC books and in none of the books do protoss even come close to the power of Nova, but if they're so powerfully with their minds, why aren't they 'mind nuking' Auir to take it back?
I have read it, it was a awsome book. I read the graphic novels before, but never the original book called starcraft: ghost. I have also read the 2 sc2 books involving jim raynor, I loved those 2 books as well as this one. I bought specters for nova and it has alot of kick !@# nova, hopefully she will eventually move past her emotional issues and play for the good guys.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.