Hunter for hire...

Name: Cold
The ghost sat in the corner of his personal bar... well at least the public bar he had to murder and maim to make it his personal bar. He sat sharpening his blade. He had rigged the tv to show him any jobs he could take. He glanced at it now, not a damn one. He pulled out his pistol and pointed it at the lifeless figure propped against the wall. In a split second he fired. Another one between the eyes. Life is good.

Ok heres how this will work. You post a job (assination) a quick backstory on the character then i write quick stories detailing the kill. GlHf
Reply Quote
Job: Ray Demann, mercenary ghost.
Ray Demann originally worked for Colonel Orlan before the Colonel was defeated by the Raiders. Demann then defected and went to work for Mira Han. He is rumored to be in posession of one of Orlan's data modules. The module contains very useful information that the client is willing to pay top dollar for. The module is probably equipped with a detonator should someone get their hands on it, so you will have to kill the ghost quickly before he activates it.

Mira Han's base has a good number of detectors, and you are working against a capable ghost, so you will have to be creative.

Payment will be given upon completion.
Reply Quote
Cold glanced at the TV.

Job: Ray Demann, mercenary ghost.
Ray Demann originally worked for Colonel Orlan before the Colonel was defeated by the Raiders. Demann then defected and went to work for Mira Han. He is rumored to be in posession of one of Orlan's data modules. The module contains very useful information that the client is willing to pay top dollar for. The module is probably equipped with a detonator should someone get their hands on it, so you will have to kill the ghost quickly before he activates it.

Mira Han's base has a good number of detectors, and you are working against a capable ghost, so you will have to be creative.

Payment will be given upon completion.

No problem. He packed his basic gear and got in his banshee/valkryie ship and launched. He headed to Dead mans port. Once he got there he contacted Colonel Orlan. Whose face appeared momentarily.
"Who the- oh, you. What do you want now?"
"Info Orlan. What do you know about a man named Ray Demann?"
"Him? That scumbag took off to join that little traitor Mira! Stole one of my data modules too. Wish he had stayed was a great sniper and hacker."
"Where's Mira?"
"Her base is south of mine. A good 10 miles. Why do you need to know?"
"No reason."
Cold shut off the communicator and landed on the planets surface. He then began walking towards Mira's base. Once in sight he remotely controlled his plane to fly near the base and began firing. Once he saw the missile batteries activate he ordered it to evade them. The ship would be shot down in a matter of minutes but it distracted them long enough. He placed a mine on the side of the base and blew a hole into it. He then took out a small metallic sphere and tossed it into a vent. To the system it will seem like there would be two targets in the base now making the job slightly easier.
"Hey!"
A man in a warpig suit was now behind him.
"Drop the gun!"
Cold did as he was ordered.
"You'll explain what your doing here in the interrogation room. Now MOVE IT!'
Cold began walking as the warpig picked up his gun. As they moved down the hallway the passed a man. The target. Cold knew he couldn't do anything right now so instead he began memorizing the path. Side hallways they passed rooms. Once they reached the interrogation room the warpig strapped him to the chair and activated the machine. Cold jerked in the seat.
"Why are you here?"
...The warpig ratcheted up the voltage and turned it on again.
"Why are you here?"
... Cold refused to reply so the warpig turned it up and shocked him again.
"WHY ARE YOU HERE?"
"...o ill di ike ou..."
The warpig now walked over and leaned his head in close to cold.
"What?"
"To kill idiots like you."
Before he could respond Cold grabbed his arm sending the combined voltage he had shocked Cold which was being stored in his suit. The elite marines lifeless body now lay on the floor. Cold barely reached the warpigs gun and used the bayonette to cut himself free. (It was leather straps) Once free Cold picked up his confiscated weapon and proceded to the control room (which he had luckily passed on the way here.

(Will finish later)
Edited by iMoDoomerX on 9/7/2011 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Cold arrived at the control room and begin searching through the cameras. Then he saw him. Making sure of his location he took manual control of his sphere and made it roll in front of him.
"What the..."
The sphere then blew up.
"Heh, another easy kill."
Cold extracted the module and turned it in for profit. He then returned to his bar which was crawling with police. He decided a new place would need to be found.

(Sorry got lazy)
Reply Quote
Sphere? What do you mean by sphere? And if you blew him up, how was the data module not destroyed?
Reply Quote
If your plane got shot down how did you get out?
Reply Quote
A new plane. The sphere he put in the vents to distract people. The data module is very hardy. Sorry i'm new to this whole "Text Adventure" thing. Next time (if) i'll try to explain things better.

09/09/2011 07:28 PMPosted by iMoDoomerX
(Sorry got lazy)
Reply Quote
*static comes out of the TV suddenly for a second, then the sound becomes clear*

"Hello? Is this thing on? Okay. If anyone is hearing this message, this is Jason Becender. I am in dire need of assisstance. We are a simple outpost in the middle of a forest in the middle of !@#$%^- nowhere, and yet suddenly there is a large group of Beserkers that worship some god of rage and hate called Khorne burning and mutilating everything they see. We've done everything we can to stop their advance, but they slaughter everything we send at them. This is a pict feed we got from the first town they pillaged, which was occupied by a bunch of annoying-as-*!@# warrior-monks we dubbed Ultrasmurfs. Their deaths are about the only good thing about these beserkers."

http://1d4chan.org/images/f/ff/Kharn.jpg

"If anyone comes to our aid, we will do anything to repay you."
Edited by Jake on 9/10/2011 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
lolololololololololololololol

I'm a platypus
Reply Quote
lolololololololololololololol

I'm a platypus

Reply Quote
Cold picked up the comm.

"Sorry i'm more of an assasin not a one man army, enjoy your imminent demise."
Reply Quote
Jason, not bothering to reply since this was broadcasting across multiple channels, simply took that channel off the list of broadcested channels before smashing a table in anger. That deny, a simple, one-sentence deny, was two full days after he started broadcasting the call for help. Did people simply not care about others anymore? I mean, they were sending this across at least a thousand channels, and only one response was made, by a !@#$ing assassin that probably didn't have anything better to do. Nobody else seemed to take the time to pick up the %^-*ing mic, and say "sorry, can't help."

He decided that it seemed once again, they would have to move because some group of !@#$%^-s decided to *!@# with their land for no apperent $%^-ing reason. There was nothing they could do for the other colonies. He simply clicked the button that announced that they had an hour to prepare before the evacuation proccess began, and began to pack his essentials. The other colonies would be burned to ashes, and they were likely would have to go through the friendship proccess of locals all over again, only to be kicked out once again by a bunch of #@@%heads. His colony was practically a bad news magnet.

Once again, there was nothing anyone could do. Or, at least, nobody bothered to do.
Edited by Jake on 9/13/2011 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Jeez, threads on joerays bar don't live that long anymore....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]