StarCraft® II

new to multiplayer, looking for tips.

I mainly play terran, but Im in the Bronze league and hover around the 50 mark... any tips to improve, things I could be doing wrong?
Reply Quote
More workers, and wall off.

More workers.

NEVER bank.

Scout.
Reply Quote
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Terran_Strategy
Day9's Newbie tuesdays are also good.
Here is the list of them all
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Day9_Daily
and his website
http://blip.tv/day9tv
Reply Quote
Do you buy upgrades?

If you don't, you need to

if you do, you're either making them too early or too late
Reply Quote
ALWAYS poke at your opponent with air, once you can. (Or Drop units, usually Hellions)

Get Upgrades in longer games (10+ minutes).

Expandexpandexpand.

Static defense is for people who use heavy static defense-NOT GOOD.
Edited by Vultureling on 9/4/2011 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Listen to everything these people say, but pretend I said it.

Seriously though, always scout as soon as you can. Also, protoss players like to save up minerals and warp in pylons and photon cannons right in your base, so WALL OFF.

Unless you're protoss. I had a 3v3 partner trap himself inside his base. It wasn't pretty.
Edited by Archangel on 9/4/2011 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Always give your marines combat shields if you favor that build. Best single upgrade for a unit.

Besides maybe Psi storm for High Templar (suddenly they are actually DANGEROUS!)
Reply Quote
I think all of you guys are right, but if his mechanics aren't solid then it won't matter.
You need to work on your macro and micro.

MACRO

Essentially this is using up all your resorces because if it's not being used then you're behind.

Also supply block falls into this catygorey, because if you're supply blocked as terran you'll have to make another supply depot(very slow) or use energy from your orbital to supply drop (immediate but not recommended)

You should not be floating on much resorces as terran, because you should be constantly be building units.

MICRO

This means to use units to the best of their abilities.

For terran that means dropping behind lines with medivacs or fighter mode vikings.

One very important aspect to get right is shoot and scoot.

Shoot and scoot is where you alow the units to damage and then move them slightly and bypass the attack animation.

UPGRADES

It's self expainitory, but you should always be upgrading your units with attack and armor upgrades.

For any bioball it's recommended that you get these upgrades in this order

Stim
Armor 1
Concussive Shells
Attack 1
Combat Shields
Attack/Armor 2
Attack/Armor 3
Reply Quote
Also, watch the back of your base. I know from personal experience that it is easy to get units in that way (I've gotten Medivac/marine'd a lot). I got a mothership into the middle of somebody's base one time.
Reply Quote
Learn hotkeys, they save a lot of time
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]