StarCraft® II

Blizzard not adding namechange support?

How about a proposal, adding SC name change is the difference between me buying diablo 3, or torchlight 2. Your move blizzard.
Reply Quote
There's like 5-6 GM/high master so far that I recognized small-mid tier teams don't have money to throw around WE need name change blizzard !!
Reply Quote
+1 for Clan Support and +10 for Esports
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Dear Blizard,

Name changes plz.

TY
Reply Quote
Yes. Even though I would likely not use either, having support for both Name Change and Clan Tags would be a great and relatively simple (naive?) addition to the game.

Please Blizzard, add these functions.
Reply Quote
Blizzard knows everyone wants this they don't particularly care what everyone wants though.
Reply Quote
+1
I like the idea of having one name change per season.
Reply Quote
+1; they will clearly make money from this and reduce smurfing from people who want a new handle, so why have they not done it?
Reply Quote
I fully agree with this suggestion as many of my friends want to change our names to resemble each others, and we are willing to pay money for the change. Personally, blizzard wouldn't lose any money at all by allowing name changes, they'd turn a huge profit.
Reply Quote
Come on Blizzard, I get that the masses think paid name changes are a-ok, but I come from the days of SC and BW. Please just make the option available for free. I'm already paying $60 +2($60) for each expansion as I'm sure they will be full price unlike BW was. At some point you need to do the community a favour and implement the original form of name changes. FREE.
Reply Quote
Name change should be free, the amount of stuff b.net2.0 doesn't have the battlenet did have is just ridiculous.

Also clan support would be so amazing, much easier to make friends on b.net it's almost impossible to make friends to play with atm.

Also i know you've probably heard it a million times but LAN T_T

so many of my friends refuse to get the game until it has lan and it's just frustrating, if you want lan you can just get the illegal crack and play it but because i but the game i can't seems all wrong T_T

/end rant
Reply Quote
Naw i read an interview with one of the devs from a week or 2 ago (ill try and find a link to it) and it should be coming with hots , if not in a patch just before hots. Basically it will come out around the same time marketplace comes out. I would trust an interview with one of the devs over someone at customer support anyday. So dont get your nickers in a twist.

The article was on one of those custom map sites, i cant remember wich one but I will try and find it. I think someone posted the link to it on TL and thats where i read it, but that was like 5 days ago so im sure its buried now.
Edited by Executor on 9/11/2011 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1 Clan Support
+1 Name Changes

Why hasn't this been done already?

On the subject, why can't I watch replays in a party? The framework is already there with replays and whatnot, and deciding whom gets control of the replay is pretty simple in a party since there is already a party "leader." Come on guys, honestly, are you lazy, unaware or just don't care about things like this?
Reply Quote
Please please please add this! Even a paid name change like WoW's would be fantastic.
Reply Quote
+1 Name Change (at the very least)
+1 Clan support (would be nice)
Reply Quote
This is a feature that has been promised for a while. It really is something the community needs at this point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]