Blizzard not adding namechange support?

Name changes and clan tags would be a godsend. +1!
Reply Quote
Agreed!!
Reply Quote
please implement this!
Reply Quote
I posted on teamliquid http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=264829
and someone else posted on reddit, hopefully we can make this happen :D
Reply Quote
Super duper +1.

A +1.
Reply Quote
signed

+1
Reply Quote
I am all for a name change option.
Reply Quote
+1 stop making people buy new accounts!
Reply Quote
Paid name change is not what we need. The reason why you are upset is because you are wanting a name change specifically to put the clan into the name. Example, Bobo joins clan RH to become RHbobo.

Let's not compare this game to WoW because WoW already has a system where characters can create, disband, invite, kick, and switch guilds for free. They do not have to pay every time they switch to a new guild. The clan will appear below the players name as soon as he joins the guild. Likewise, once he leaves, or is kicked from the guild, the players name stands alone.

That is what SC2 needs. A clan system much like D2 and Warcraft 3 (If I'm not mistaken) had. Don't get me wrong, having a paid name change is a great idea and should be implemented. However, there should be a clan system that does not penalize you for wanting to express your clan within your name without paying. These two things should be different.

I propose a system where you have a name. You join a clan and the clan automatically ends up in front of your name in brackets. Example, Bobo joins clan RH. His new name shall be displayed as [RH]Bobo. This way, there is a discrepancy between what clan you are in and your name. Furthermore, it does not penalize you for switching clans or wanting to be part of a new clan.

More examples: [oGs]MC , [Liquid]Jinro , [EG]Huk, Etc...
Reply Quote
Obviously I'm in, do this and I'll immediately be buying like 7 across 4 regions ^^!

+400
Reply Quote
ADD THSI BLIZZARD !!!! ALSO GIVE ME D3 BETA KEY!!!!!
Reply Quote
Good luck with this, +1 please Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Yeah it would be nice for name changes and clan tags!
Reply Quote
Needs to happen in some form. Clan support or free/paid name changes.
Reply Quote
+1, even though my name freakin rocks
Reply Quote
Obviously I'm in, do this and I'll immediately be buying like 7 across 4 regions ^^!

+400

hahah for me it would only be 1 account even tho i own 5 but still ;D
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Name change we can do without, Clan option and the functions that come with it is what is needed. If you want a name change then you should have to go out and buy another copy, a name should be something meaninful to you, be it funny, inspiring, or just "cool". if you picked a lame name thats your own damn fault, consider yourself lucky that bliz atleast gave one free name change.
Reply Quote
thanks for all the support for this thread, especially you desrow, your activity with this is impressive and incredibly awesome :D

the reddit that my clanmate Gemini made has also jumped up near the top 10 most popular sc reddit threads, keep it up http://tinyurl.com/blizznamechange :)

edit: also for the record, the conversation was entirely over the phone. i apologize that i didn't think to record it. i'll add this message to the OP.
Edited by DMsev on 9/11/2011 8:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I also agree
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]