Inheritence

The first book in the series, Eragon, was self-published by Paolini's family in 2002 and re-published in 2003 by Knopf; it was followed by Eldest in 2005. Both were New York Times bestsellers[1][2] and together have sold more than 20 million copies worldwide.[3] The third book in the series, Brisingr, was published on September 20, 2008,[4] and the fourth book, Inheritance, is set to be released on November 8, 2011.[5] The series was intended to be a trilogy, but this changed as Paolini decided that the story was too complex to conclude in one book. -Wikipedia

cant wait!
Reply Quote
I just finished reading Inheritance. My favorite character in the book was King Galbatorix. I would not say the book is complex reading. Its quite easy actually compared to other series.

I will not give away any spoilers on story or characters, but I just really like how Paolini portrayed the king. I would have been disappointed to see a villain like the cliche Dark Lord who sits in his tower and has no personality (nothing against LOTR, I love those).
Reply Quote
I'm re-reading the series :)
Reply Quote
Those of you who haven't already should read Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series. Seems like that's where Paolini got most of his ideas :P
Reply Quote
Re-reading book 3 of The Wheel of Time right now!!! I'm really hoping that the Last Battle exceeds my expectations, but I'm not quite sure how it is going to play out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]