StarCraft® II

How many hours of sleep do you get each night

This ad is brought to you outstanding people Joeyray's Bar on the Starcraft 2 forums.

"Do you need a substitute bar owner that has skill, passion, awesomeness, bad@$$ness, etc.? If so, you should go on down and tell the world that you know you Ender is and that you want him to win. WARNING: THIS AD AND ANY ADS RUN BY OTHER OFFICIALS ARE SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT INFINGEMENT AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO ILLEGAL CONSEQUENCES."

This ad is run and supported by Ender, an amazing person.
Reply Quote
School nights - 7 hours
Weekend - (lol...) 8-14 hours
Reply Quote
This ad is brought to you outstanding people Joeyray's Bar on the Starcraft 2 forums.

"Do you need a substitute bar owner that has skill, passion, awesomeness, bad@$$ness, etc.? If so, you should go on down and tell the world that you know you Ender is and that you want him to win. WARNING: THIS AD AND ANY ADS RUN BY OTHER OFFICIALS ARE SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT INFINGEMENT AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO ILLEGAL CONSEQUENCES."

This ad is run and supported by Ender, an amazing person.

Oh you motherf#$(er
Reply Quote
I get 4-6 on a usual day, I stay up too long doing nothing, and go to sleep too late. wake up at 5am to get to the bus to go to work, start work at 7, work till 12, bus to class, class or hang out till midnight, stay awake till 1, repeat mon-thurs.

fri-sun bit different. wake at 9am to rush to class at 11am, work randomly set, but been constant at like 3pm-9pm, bus home, get home hate life and DoS attacks upon my internet., stay up till 2am-4am, sleep, get up at 10am for work at 1pm, work till 9pm, bus home and stay awake to watch tv till 2am, stay up on comp for another 2 hours. 4am sunday, sleep till 11am, since apparantly i cannot sleep more, only day to myself, and sleep at 1am or 2 am bc i am stupid, and cannot realize work day after is EARLY.
Reply Quote
damn necromaster?!?! u too?!?! I sleep around 5-7 hrs during weekdays and 4-6 on weekends. I don't like to sleep though I end up having bizarre dreams or bad ones where they feel so real when I wake up I'm glad to be in the life I'm in. Sweet dreams?.... pssh what bs!

weekday schedule
5AM wake up go to gym by 5:30 get back around 7
rest of the day either go to work or watch kids
sleep around 10 -12 PM

weekend
friday nights is my gaming night i'll stay up to 1-2AM
wake up saturday by 6 AM go to work
and sleep saturday around 11PM-1AM

than it starts all over again!

sleep is all dependant on character. While I think you should get well rested sleep a lot... too much of anything is bad.
Go by your body, if it feels your needing sleep because your always tired even when you wake up... maybe you need more nutrients (Specifically Iron can be a huge cause)
Depression is another factor in people needing more sleep, if you don't have goals to look forward to you might like being in your dream world better

OR

you could just be a teenager growing up and need more sleep

either way your body tells you how you feel and what you need... sleep #s are irrelevant... Maria Carey sleeps 14 hrs a day and my mother sleeps 3-5 hrs a day (she's been doing that for 30 years... don't know how I'd be too tired, but she isn't)

oh yea one more thing I'm a vegetarian and I eat tremendous amounts of food.. I'm talking about rice beans and veggies that stack 3-4 inches high up off the plate. That's probably the reason why I can work on these hours and go to the gym still :D
Edited by Lokarth on 10/1/2011 8:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If I could I would get as much as you I would, but I usually get around 8-9 hours.
Reply Quote
I get enough sleep to last me because I consider it a waste of time truely. I try to keep a set schedule for me to wake up, even on the weekends which is usually around 8 in the morning after going to bed at like 2.
Reply Quote
I would fall asleap at 9:00 PM (21:00), sometimes more.
Then, I would wake up for school, like 7:00 wakeup, 8:00 at school
Wednesdays are minimum days, more sleep, 7:30 wakeup, 8:30 at school
On weekends, I might sleep 'till noon (12:00)

That means... 8-10 hours of sleep, 12-14 hours on weekends.

If only I can do that with me service learning....
Reply Quote
I sleep as much as I can. I know how to lucid dream ;} (Google it, seriously)

If you've googled it you will understand why I try to sleep so much.
Reply Quote
09/25/2011 04:35 PMPosted by Tassadar
6-7 on weekdays 10-12 weekends

Same here. 8 is the pefect sleep time for an average person. 10+ is too much for most of us and is not recommended, as well as sleeping less than 6 hours
Reply Quote
12 hours of sleep? Lucky I'm lucky to get 8.
Reply Quote
sleep is for the weak, join the swarm and you will never need to sleep again ; )
Reply Quote
I sleep as much as I can. I know how to lucid dream ;} (Google it, seriously)If you've googled it you will understand why I try to sleep so much.

Could you teach someone to lucid dream or post a link to a place with an explanation cause none of the sites I saw had an explanation on how to do it.
Reply Quote
11/20/2011 06:46 PMPosted by PeterM
I sleep as much as I can. I know how to lucid dream ;} (Google it, seriously)If you've googled it you will understand why I try to sleep so much.

Could you teach someone to lucid dream or post a link to a place with an explanation cause none of the sites I saw had an explanation on how to do it.

Well, there are multiple ways to do it. One of the easiest is to draw a symbol on the back of your hand, and then every half hour look down on it. And you may not get it on the first day, but if you do this every day for a couple days, you will most likely start to look down in your dream. When you look down in your dream, the symbol will be different (your mind warps things). Then you will most likely think, "why does it look like that..." and then you will realize you are dreaming and will be able to control it from there.

Some people have trouble with lucid dreaming because sometimes when you realize you are dreaming, you get too excited and you will either wake up or lose control of the dream.

Other methods of Lucid Dreaming:

Every half hour, for as many days as it takes, ask yourself: "Is this a dream?" And then you have to look around and make sure it's not a dream, even if you really do know, and then you will start asking and checking in your dreams.

Another way is to wake yourself up at around 3 in the morning. When you wake up, sit straight up and say, "I'm going to lucid dream", and then fall back to sleep.

Naps are good for lucid dreaming also. Taking naps in the middle of the day and then saying "I'm going to lucid dream", right before you fall asleep will greatly increase your chances of achieving lucidity. This may mess up your sleeping schedule, but it can be worth it.

The instant you realize it is a dream, you should be able to control it immediately.

Lucid dreaming is great fun, but you have to make sure you stay in reality. It can be hard, because a dream is a place where you can do anything.
Edited by Kalel on 11/25/2011 1:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/25/2011 01:20 PMPosted by Kalel

Well, there are multiple ways to do it. One of the easiest is to draw a symbol on the back of your hand, and then every half hour look down on it. And you may not get it on the first day, but if you do this every day for a couple days, you will most likely start to look down in your dream. When you look down in your dream, the symbol will be different (your mind warps things). Then you will most likely think, "why does it look like that..." and then you will realize you are dreaming and will be able to control it from there.

Some people have trouble with lucid dreaming because sometimes when you realize you are dreaming, you get too excited and you will either wake up or lose control of the dream.

Other methods of Lucid Dreaming:

Every half hour, for as many days as it takes, ask yourself: "Is this a dream?" And then you have to look around and make sure it's not a dream, even if you really do know, and then you will start asking and checking in your dreams.

Another way is to wake yourself up at around 3 in the morning. When you wake up, sit straight up and say, "I'm going to lucid dream", and then fall back to sleep.

Naps are good for lucid dreaming also. Taking naps in the middle of the day and then saying "I'm going to lucid dream", right before you fall asleep will greatly increase your chances of achieving lucidity. This may mess up your sleeping schedule, but it can be worth it.
The instant you realize it is a dream, you should be able to control it immediately.

Lucid dreaming is great fun, but you have to make sure you stay in reality. It can be hard, because a dream is a place where you can do anything.

I used to be able to put my head down on a desk and see my arms on the same desk in a dream sort of way. does that count as lucid dreaming?

Also, i usually sleep for around 8 hours most week days, maybe 12 on calm week ends, and I sometimes refuse to sleep because it means I don't get to actually do anything (at least physically) for several hours :(. That's probably why I stay up late at times (4am) and am capable of deciding to stay up until the sun shows up, and maybe sleep after that.
Reply Quote
11/25/2011 01:20 PMPosted by Kalel
Another way is to wake yourself up at around 3 in the morning. When you wake up, sit straight up and say, "I'm going to lucid dream", and then fall back to sleep
I try that every night i remember to, and it works.. sort of. I've gone months without remembering any dreams (they say you always dream, just sometimes don't remember your dreams.) And I started doing that, and began to remember dreams. Can't seem do lucid dream though. I wake up and am like " Damn it how did I not know that flying chickens with lazers or w/e the heck it is was not reality?!?!?"
Reply Quote
Albert Einstein slept for 10 hours a night, or MORE if he was working on something extra hard. Anyone that sleeps 6 hours or less a night probally has a little bit of insomnia. With that being said. Americans are known for over eating and over sleeping, and generally being all together lazy.

I sleep anywhere from 6 to 12 hours depending on how I feel.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]