StarCraft® II

Gem Tower Defense Release

Not going to happen, sorry. This may have started as a remake, but its a new map now, if it matters THAT much to you how many squares are between the waypoints, you should probably go play the old map

that's fine. i can adapt. =D
i just didnt want to spend the time to make a new maze base on the new map.

on another note, people that complain thor is too hard, go find a good maze on the youtube.

also, the creator said, the extreme mode is going to be harder if people beat it too many times.
i say, "it's a td map, it's suppose to be beaten. make a very good strategy and then beat the map. otherwise, there's no point of playing the extreme mode if you know you won't beat it b/c the creator has made it impossible to beat."
b/c there are limitations in this map, like only 50 waves and number of waypoints; there is a limit to how much damage you can do.
Reply Quote
I didn't mean it like that, just that if I see 6/8 people picking extreme every time and most of them making it to the end easily, I might make it harder. I feel like there should be at least one challenging mode in the game.
Reply Quote
26k hours popularity LOL.
Reply Quote
Just wondering if you could add a sandbox mode? even if only available in single player(i prefer it that way) that way i can test a new maze or new tower combo ideas without getting to wave 40 an hour later and realizing how bad the combo is.
If not its cool, its a great map either way xD
You're awesome for (re)creating it.

edit1: by sandbox i mean unlimited resources and a way to pick the level you want to spawn. that may be difficult to implement but just thought i would add it as a suggestion.
Thanks xD
Edited by CrashCash on 10/5/2011 3:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
To the people having problems with the Re-Runner, you have to MAZE. I can't count how many people just lined their paths with towers with no mazing and complained about it. You're not going to win without mazing anyway so stop !@#$%ing. I killed my Re-Runner on the first 3 passes through my maze all in his first run on Hard. It's not that difficult.
Reply Quote
the experience system
can you increase the max level? or allow a better function of the stop attack?
thanks.
Reply Quote
Hey aries just wanted to say thank you for a fun game mode, i see you are constantly updating the map.. any website or release notes?

Thanks much
Reply Quote
Is there any chance that you can make the game last shorter? It took me about 2.5 hours to get to the last level on normal O_O
Reply Quote
In the warcraft version diamond was a good tower. But in this version diamond is one of the weakest towers at flawed. Its the only flawed tower that attacks ground that can have mobs in level one walk by it at all. Make it attack a little faster, or increase damage by acouple at all levels. Perfect diamond was a good tower in warcraft 3 if you didnt really have time to make specials end game. Now it's bascially required to try to make more specials.
Reply Quote
^^^

Why should this one be anything like WC3 version? Go play the WC3 version if you want to.....play the the WC3 version
Reply Quote
^^^

Why should this one be anything like WC3 version? Go play the WC3 version if you want to.....play the the WC3 version

because this is a f**king remake of the original. by changing the stats of the towers to the point that you lose the game because of a bad luck then it is wrong.
Reply Quote
after playing sc2 version for a couple of games, i found the map is a little unfair.

as i mentioned before the map has a split of 6 rocks spaces between 1st waypoint and 5th waypoint; also, a 4 rocks spaces between 5th waypoint and 4th waypoint.

this shifts the area of most damage towards the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th waypoints.

in wc3, the map split is even, 5 rocks and 5 rocks.

having an even split allows players to have a more fair chance of playing because this way, all towers are equally placed with respect to the axis of the middle of the map.
Reply Quote
Also, the attack speed aura from opals is currently bugged and they do not give the correct amount of attack speed as the tooltip states; my Great Opal says it gives 50% increased attack speed, but in reality was giving 33%.

If that small number glitch wasn't bad, there is a ridiculous problem with the numbers regarding the last boss: All towers do 75% normal damage to Boss Armor mob types, Extreme mode takes 50% of that away, and then the boss armor buff somehow factors in there to make all your gems shoot spitballs at the last boss. Please enlighten me how my Egyptian Gold is critting the last boss for ~137 damage when it has a 40% damage debuff, within the 20% damage increase radius of a Paraiba Tourmaline, and is within range of a Black Opal (not to mention the 50 kills it had). Something somewhere is messed up, and as it stands, the last boss servers more like a big "piss off" than an actual challenge. I bet you could sandbox 50 of the best 1-shot gems using my 8-pass-through-the-middle maze and still not kill it, and that's assuming someone is stupid-lucky enough to get a Bryvx.

Also, lots of tower effects that should stack, don't (Gold and Egyptian Gold, for example), and given the improbability of getting any extra gold, you're stuck choosing to either upgrade towers or go for lucky chance while playing on extreme because there is no way to gain extra gold except via China Jades and luck (another reason why slates need to be added; you're porting a classic game from war3; the damage test at the end of the war3 version was possible only through use of good slate usage and placement, another aspect of skill (and luck) that made this game fun). I can understand wanting to take the game "in new and exciting directions", but the real question is, "where will you be going" and "will the players who love the game rebuke you for it".
Reply Quote
Attack speed is a % increase to attacks done, 50% attack speed = 50% more attacks = 33% cooldown reduction.

The reason the final boss is like that is because I wanted the final boss to have 2,500,000 hp, but blizzard decided that units should have a maximum hp of 524,000. So I gave him a 500k life and 80% damage reduction to give him an effective life of 2,500,000.

I said it above, I used the wc3 version as a starting point but I have no intention of replicating it number for number. Whether or not things stack or not is something I decided for this game, not based on whether it stacked in wc3 or not.

Also, I've had a few mazes that killed the final boss (2,500,000 damage) in one pass (in and out) of my maze, on normal. Considering the maze was a 4-pass maze, I figure I could easily have killed the guy two times over.
Reply Quote
10/05/2011 03:06 PMPosted by Noshe
In the warcraft version diamond was a good tower. But in this version diamond is one of the weakest towers at flawed. Its the only flawed tower that attacks ground that can have mobs in level one walk by it at all. Make it attack a little faster, or increase damage by acouple at all levels. Perfect diamond was a good tower in warcraft 3 if you didnt really have time to make specials end game. Now it's bascially required to try to make more specials.

That is because of the way the missiles travel, sometimes it will shoot at something that is about to die from an attack. It makes it a bad choice on wave 1 but otherwise its still a good tower. (I'll try and make its missiles travel faster)

Edit: I bumped up diamond's missile speed and it has no problems with wave 1 now
Edited by Arieswind on 10/5/2011 6:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Attack speed is a % increase to attacks done, 50% attack speed = 50% more attacks = 33% cooldown reduction.

The reason the final boss is like that is because I wanted the final boss to have 2,500,000 hp, but blizzard decided that units should have a maximum hp of 524,000. So I gave him a 500k life and 80% damage reduction to give him an effective life of 2,500,000.

I said it above, I used the wc3 version as a starting point but I have no intention of replicating it number for number. Whether or not things stack or not is something I decided for this game, not based on whether it stacked in wc3 or not.

Also, I've had a few mazes that killed the final boss (2,500,000 damage) in one pass (in and out) of my maze, on normal. Considering the maze was a 4-pass maze, I figure I could easily have killed the guy two times over.

why dont you try the extreme mode?
it's not like you are the only one who beat normal mode.
in the tips, please add the effects that dont stack, like the ones you didn't mention in the quotes.
also, the stun doesnt stun the boss. either fix that or add that in the tips.

please share how you beat extreme mode.
Edited by lvlupnow on 10/5/2011 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I didn't say i had beaten extreme mode, but you didn't ask about beating extreme mode, you asked how anyone could deal that much damage to the boss, and I told you that I've done that much damage to the boss before. That is all.

In general effects from gem families don't stack (except damage only effects). Only one red crystal aura, one black opal, one sapphire slow, etc can be on each target at once
Edited by Arieswind on 10/5/2011 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Killing the last damage test is nowhere near impossible. So far I've killed him on both Easy and Normal multiple times with plenty of room to spare, and can consistently get a kill no matter how bad my luck with gems is during a game.

Hard difficulty was a big step up. I had to go back and totally rework my maze, since it just wasn't working without getting extremely lucky on gem combos. However, my new maze ended up dishing out 1.7 million damage to the final damage test on my first try. I'll be working on Extreme as soon as I get a bit more practice on Hard.

I don't think that anything is unreasonably difficult at the moment. It just takes some smart mazing and tower placement. The challenge of maze design is definitely the one of the greatest strengths of this map, since you have to come up with some pretty creative ideas to clear the higher difficulties. It actually makes you think, whereas almost all the other TDs are pretty mind numbing.
Edited by Meow on 10/5/2011 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Killing the last damage test is nowhere near impossible. So far I've killed him on both Easy and Normal multiple times with plenty of room to spare, and can consistently get a kill no matter how bad my luck with gems is during a game.

Hard difficulty was a big step up. I had to go back and totally rework my maze, since it just wasn't working without getting extremely lucky on gem combos. However, my new maze ended up dishing out 1.7 million damage to the final damage test on my first try. I'll be working on Extreme as soon as I get a bit more practice on Hard.

I don't think that anything is unreasonably difficult at the moment. It just takes some smart mazing and tower placement. The challenge of maze design is definitely the one of the greatest strengths of this map, since you have to come up with some pretty creative ideas to clear the higher difficulties. It actually makes you think, whereas almost all the other TDs are pretty mind numbing.

Trust me, my maze is an 8-pass maze and it easily clears all waves (excluding DMG Test/Final Boss). There is no reason to rework a maze that works 100% of the time on the actual waves themselves that get me to the end, in order to make a maze that will do better against bosses but probably rarely ever gets me to them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]