StarCraft® II

Are Immortals OP?

(Locked)

I'm just curious. I was playing as protoss just now and I got a few immortals to deal with roaches (but thats besides the point). I noticed the sheer about of HP and shield they have, as well as that passive ability that reduces damage taken to 10. Although they only attack ground, they have considerable damage too.

I feel also cheap for using them. Aren't they a little OP?
0/10

In case if serious. Absolutely not. Due to massive cost and build time. Easily countered. Does okay damage to not armored but definitely not worth the cost. Focus Fire reduces effectiveness of shield. Can't shoot up.

It isn't close to OP and still might be considered UP merely only because of the cost and build time.
-10/10

try putting a couple immortals up against marines, lings, or zealots, and i won't even start with what chargelots, stimmed marines, and speedlings do against them. i only build immortals as a counter to what i scout or in 2v2 a supplement to what my partner is doing.
Immortals i would say are the most balanced unit in the game. They do way high damage vs armored i have seen 5 immortals kill like 14 roachs. They cost a lot and a lot of supply. they are pretty darn balanced maybe even a tiny bit underpowerd but thats strectching it
Cost of 14 roaches: 1050 minerals, 450 gas.
Cost of 5 immortals: 1000 minerals, 500 gas.

Since gas is more valuable than minerals....I say roaches are the better buy...lol.
Who makes just Roaches? Theres always Zerglings too and Zerglings obliterate Immortals.
Cost of 14 roaches: 1050 minerals, 450 gas.Cost of 5 immortals: 1000 minerals, 500 gas. Since gas is more valuable than minerals....I say roaches are the better buy...lol.

Its actually 1250/500 for 5 immortals and if engaged properly without any other support they should kill 1500/500 in roaches (20) and if micro'd properly you'd still have 3-5 badly damaged immortals but the shields regenerate =) 4:1 ratio is sweet but not OP
Immortals are buffed up stalkers.

They have the price tag and supply cost of 2 stalkers. They also have the damage vs. light of two stalkers, at the cost of mobility and air attack. Immortals fare no better against light units than stalkers.

Their only advantage is against armored, where they totally kick everything.

Hardened shield is actually pretty minor to immortals. Naturally it gives them the edge they need against Marauders and Roaches, especially late game where Marauders do 26 per shot and Roaches 22, but in a real situation against a mix of units the shields will be removed quickly enough that only 3-5 shots will be reduced.
They are OK for supply, but terrible for cost, even against the things they are supposed to "counter".
In mass numbers against T they're too strong i feel. Imagine an army of 10+immortals, chargelots, a few stalkers, HTs, archons, and a few collosi. How do u beat that i have no idea
01/01/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Galaxy
In mass numbers against T they're too strong i feel. Imagine an army of 10+immortals, chargelots, a few stalkers, HTs, archons, and a few collosi. How do u beat that i have no idea

Mass BC
01/01/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Galaxy

If you let someone get an army like that, I'd suspect they're pretty far ahead economically and you probably wouldn't beat them. lol

That would take like 4 mining bases worth of gas.
Nah they only do 50 damage, reflect big damage, cost the same as 3 hydras, have massive Hp.. Nothing to see here! Build 10 roaches and you will beat them
they are good early to mid game but late game they sort of uh...die
imortals are very OP, i remember a game where i had 6 spines at a 3rd base choke along with 27 roaches 6 muta and 1 queen. also i had 2-2 upgrades. my protoss enemy had 28 stalkers and 10 imortals with no upgrades. he attacked at 18 min in game... guess who won... OP toss.
01/20/2013 03:18 AMPosted by Dude
imortals are very OP, i remember a game where i had 6 spines at a 3rd base choke along with 27 roaches 6 muta and 1 queen. also i had 2-2 upgrades. my protoss enemy had 28 stalkers and 10 imortals with no upgrades. he attacked at 18 min in game... guess who won... OP toss.

You spent 3675 minerals and 1275 gas on units/spine.

Your opponent had 6000 minerals and 2400 gas in their units.

If Protoss HADN'T won that engagement, it would have been massive evidence for Protoss being underpowered.

You were outmacrod, badly.
01/01/2012 01:04 AMPosted by GhostLink

Marine/Ghost/Medivac

I've never seen people build more than 1-2 immortals in PvT. There's no way you fit 10 into a max army supply as it's 40 supply.

Immortals are terrible at shooting marines and ghosts and they are really slow. Ghosts just emp everything and the marines clean up.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]