Ladder tournaments for every league

So I finished season 3 in bronze (woohoo) and I ended up 4th in my division. It would be nice to have tournaments for the top 8 division players in every league so that there is a point for playing all season for those of use who have no chance of being promoted to Diamond (I think the lowest rank that gets ladder tournaments is Diamond, I may be wrong though). I can probably make it to Silver and if I'm lucky maybe Gold. I don't think I can make it above that though.

Some players are very good and can level up to Diamond and therefore get to participate in ladder tournaments. Many of us are mere mortals. What is the point of playing and being ranked in a division if you're not going to go above Bronze/Silver/Gold/Plat. There is no ladder tournament so therefore the division standings mean nothing.

You might as well disable divisions for anyone lower than Diamond. I find them to be pointless.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
So I finished season 3 in bronze (woohoo) and I ended up 4th in my division. It would be nice to have tournaments for the top 8 division players in every league so that there is a point for playing all season for those of use who have no chance of being promoted to Diamond (I think the lowest rank that gets ladder tournaments is Diamond, I may be wrong though). I can probably make it to Silver and if I'm lucky maybe Gold. I don't think I can make it above that though.

Some players are very good and can level up to Diamond and therefore get to participate in ladder tournaments. Many of us are mere mortals. What is the point of playing and being ranked in a division if you're not going to go above Bronze/Silver/Gold/Plat. There is no ladder tournament so therefore the division standings mean nothing.

You might as well disable divisions for anyone lower than Diamond. I find them to be pointless.

There are no in-game tournaments for any league. That the top 8 per division participate in an end-of-season division tournament was one of the original designs of the ladder way back in early beta, but it was sidelined probably because of how unrealistic it is that you'll have all 8 qualifying players online and ready to compete at the same time.
Reply Quote
Well then, what about just pooling all top 8 division players from all leagues in a starcraft 2 wide end-of-season tournament. This way, even if some players don't show up, there's still plenty of players left. Give 2 days advanced notice for the tournament and plenty of players will be present. I know it may be unfair because a Platinum player might end up being matched up against a bronze player, but at least it gives players something to look forward to if they finish top 8 in the division. Otherwise, why even bother with divisions.

Warcraft 3 had tournaments. Why can't Starcraft II?
Reply Quote
Because the ladder doesn't matter. MMR is the only thing you need to worry about. Just compete in local tournaments. surely there is one within 100 miles of you.

EDIT: I'm not sure how many divisions there are per league but I Know there are a LOT. Why not the #1 ranked player from each division into a tournament or top 3. If you are not on within a certain amount of time it is forfeit.
Edited by TelAvivXJoeX on 10/31/2011 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Fair enough, I understand that only the MMR matters for automatic matchmaking. However, I think having ladder specific tournaments based on division rankings would allow more players to keep playing the ladder since right now everything about the ladder system is superficial unless you reach Diamond league. Therefore, why play the ladder when you can play custom tournaments (unless of course you are an upper echelon player and can reach Diamond league).
Reply Quote
Then what? All bronze player will get steam rolled by plat and above players I think they might as well have maybe tournaments for bronze and silver players then have tournaments for plat and gold, and then have diamond and masters, and last of all, Grabdmasters would just olay against themselves in that league
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 09:30 PMPosted by BlackHawk
Then what? All bronze player will get steam rolled by plat and above players I think they might as well have maybe tournaments for bronze and silver players then have tournaments for plat and gold, and then have diamond and masters, and last of all, Grabdmasters would just olay against themselves in that league

the post above you is from almost a year ago
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]