StarCraft® II

Plot Hole in "Smash and Grab"

12/01/2011 04:35 PMPosted by Retloclive
It's just unneeded extra work.

Or profit...<.< Buy the books to get more info. Heh
Reply Quote
I suppose technically you don't have to have any lore to make it through the games... Blizzard gives the average person enough information as the games move along to get through the game, really, so knowing the background information is a bonus if you have it. I didn't feel there was any problems making it through WoL and keeping up with the story.

Honestly, I read by pictures [they're worth a thousand words]. Reading just gives me headaches!

... Kinda the reason why I play the game and am not off reading a book, I guess...

xD
Edited by Sheppard on 12/4/2011 8:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
Obviously the Tal'darim stole the stalkers and colossi.

Black-Market quality is always better than the actual item =P
Reply Quote
12/05/2011 10:17 AMPosted by Retloclive
Blizzard expects us to feel bad for Mengsk like he's some sort of fallen hero with the additional revenge-plot but his actions in SC/BW still say hes a power hungry @sshole.

... No? In Wings of Liberty, he's anything but heroic. The revenge plot has already been there anyway; even the manual mentioned it.

And judging by the HotS previews and even the leaked ending, Blizzard is expecting us to see him get what is coming to him at last. They are really not making him look sympathetic, especially if he turns out to be indeed breeding hybrids and jeopardizing the sector's fate, all because of his feud with Kerrigan.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 12/5/2011 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
I like the application of the mystery element to the characters. They have a bit of a sorted past that helps define who they are now and helps drive their thoughts and actions. Plus it leaves the story telling open for the future of the game.

Reply Quote
I don't think telling Mengsk's back story is a problem though. It doesn't change who he is or what he's done. It just tells you more about the character. You have to remember that there are always at least two sides to every story. With the additional lore it just explains who Mengsk was and how he got to where he is today.

It really just helps define him as a character. This doesn't mean you have to forget about what he's done or you even have to like him. It just allows you to see him as something more than, for example: the Dark Voice. Mengsk isn't pure evil, he shouldn't be viewed that way. He should be viewed as a man who has done horrible things.

That is, as long as you play as his enemy.

Had StarCraft: Ghost been released, Arcturus Mengsk would have probably been portrayed as either a good guy or a lesser evil than Colonel Jackson Hauler.
Reply Quote
Next plot hole: why does Urun need a headset if he's a telapath like the rest of the Protoss?
Reply Quote
Think of it as like what goes on with X-Men and how Prof. Xavier uses Cerebro to amplify his ability.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]