StarCraft® II

Season 4 Has Begun!

Community Manager
Season 4 has arrived! Season 3 milestone rewards will be locked in at this time and bonus pools will reset. Hidden skill ratings used for matchmaking and league placement will carry over from the previous season, so players who have completed placement matches in a previous season will only need to play one new placement match. Don’t forget to review the map changes which are coming in Season 4 as well (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3424692558).

Beginning with Season 4, two changes are coming to future ladder seasons:

• Each season will now last for approximately two months.
    • Grandmaster league placement time will be reduced to one week (from two weeks) to account for the reduced season length.

Good luck, have fun!
Edited by Daxxarri on 10/25/2011 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Absolutely fantastic changes to the map pool, though I would like to see even slightly longer seasons.
Reply Quote
Yeah, why did you guys say you're keeping the S3 map pool, only for the surprise gift at the last second?

Just for the record, I'm so happy that we got metal back.

Edit: In response to the forum post regarding the 1v1 map pool changes, one of the maps most people constantly request to be added to the pool is GSL Dual Sight.
Edited by Tek on 10/25/2011 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I still don't agree with the 2 month seasons, they just won't be long enough to get a decent amount of points or wins or anything.
Reply Quote
I'm so happy about this map change, oh my god. the only thing i think the system needs is a 1 week lock instead of 2, i stopped when i was in top 8 and just stopped playing till the season ended so i could keep my top 8.
Reply Quote
2 months seems a little short but it doesn't bother me much
Reply Quote
2 months is way too short for a season, they should be at least 3-4 months!
Reply Quote
shorter season means I'll play wholeheartedly longer...
Reply Quote
will each of the seasons correspond to any upcoming patches? because it feels as though that the shorter season length makes it seem like it would be intervals for changes to either the map pool or balance, but glad to have new season up, glad i'm still plat ^_^
Reply Quote
Love the fact that blizzard is finally disabling close spams on some maps of the map pool, also this season i don't have any map to veto any of them so i love that too thanks blizz, keep the good work
Reply Quote
Why only 8 week seasons?
Reply Quote
When will the Feat of Strength achievements be given out for season 3? I finished the season in a team master league, and I want my achievement.
Reply Quote
Hope we get them i finish 5th in plat 4v4s and 10th in diamond 2v2s i want feats of strength too
Reply Quote
if they gave them out in season 1 and 2 they should for 3
Edited by HowlingMad on 10/29/2011 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If they continue providing FoS for seasons, I'd think a better way of organizing them may be in order (probably via 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, etc.).

Reply Quote
Could you please change the 4's map pool as well... get rid of Lava Flow (a VERY imbalanced map depending on who gets the middle starting locations), bring back Megaton :)

10/27/2011 01:38 PMPosted by Acklay
When will the Feat of Strength achievements be given out for season 3? I finished the season in a team master league, and I want my achievement.

Was wondering this also...
Reply Quote
my only question is i have a good win to loss ratio and i won my first placement game in the new season and i was high in the silver league and the guy i played against was gold so im curious as to why i wasnt moved up into the gold division?
Reply Quote
EDIT:
Grandmaster league placement time will be reduced to one week (from two weeks) to account for the reduced season length, and the placement system for GM will be broken, so if you do you not complete a game in the first 30 minutes that GM league is open you will not get in.
Reply Quote
MVP
http://us.battle.net.sixen.org/

EDIT: Ignore this, just testing, ;).
Edited by Sixen on 11/30/2011 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]