StarCraft® II

Improve forum structure please

From personal experience, once a thread starts getting very long, there are usually multiple different threads of conversation within the single thread.

-Person A is arguing with Person B,
-Persons C, D, and E went off on a tangent about something unrelated,
-You've got your usual trolls just insulting anyone and everyone
-and some other people are actually discussing the topic the thread is named for,

but when trying to follow one line of thought, all the replies are jumbled up, so it takes far more time and effort than it should to just read what's going on.

I was thinking that it would be more readable if there was an indented reddit-like structure, where posts that are replies to others are indented below the original post, and so are easily identifiable as replies, so if I don't want to read a handful of people posting about how the other is so stupid and totally wrong, it's far easier to skip past that indent level and read the stuff i actually care about.

Also, while ignoring and reporting work fine, it would be nice for us to have our own ignore features, where we don't have to wait for blizzard to act on a report, if we don't want to read what someone says, we can just hide them from the thread.Edit: whoops, there's already something for this, thanks.
Edited by LethalChild on 11/2/2011 9:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
For the last one, the drop down arrow next to each persons name has an ignore button.
Reply Quote
Oh, didn't know that, thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]