StarCraft® II

Zerg: No cloaked attack

Some friends of mine and I were talking the other day about our respective races and it hit me, Protoss and terran have multiple units that attack while cloaked and Zerg has none. Unless you count infestors which I don't because they don't really attack while cloaked. Not to mention when we use burrow our units are super slow. Terran gets fast moving flying banshees and decent speed ghosts. Protoss gets very fast DT's that do truckloads of damage.

I'm not crying imba. I'm just saying its interesting how much people complain about zerg being imbalanced when protoss gets flying, invisible, mobile detection and Terran gets free detection and vision as long as they have energy. Then in HoTS zerg is losing their fast tech mobile detection unless the Viper comes out of lair which I see as strange.
Reply Quote
Hehe, I assume viper is going to be lair tech and need a spire.. and cost a boatload, which means our only detection will be spores... Let them cry Zerg imbalance..

Welcome to the swarm
Edited by Baruku on 10/24/2011 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hehe, I assume viper is going to be lair tech and need a spire.. and cost a boatload, which means our only detection will be spores... Lets them cry Zerg imbalance..

Welcome to the swarm

won't take spire, this was stated. Available upon lair, just like overseer is now.
Reply Quote
when pros start ripping colossus from main armies.. we'll see if it goes spire tech or not =D
Reply Quote
10/24/2011 07:26 AMPosted by Baruku
when pros start ripping colossus from main armies.. we'll see if it goes spire tech or not =D

hehe yeah It was super frustrating last week to lose to a guy who had mass stalker/colossus/sentry and I just was not able to attack his colossus because they kept going up platforms and with the range upgrade you just can't kill them, It was my fault for not teching higher but it was too late by the time our main armies were engaging. The map did not allow for me to reposition the fight since it was covered in platforms. Can't wait for that viper to bring the Colossi to me.

EDIT:

Hehe, I assume viper is going to be lair tech and need a spire.. and cost a boatload, which means our only detection will be spores... Lets them cry Zerg imbalance..

Welcome to the swarm

won't take spire, this was stated. Available upon lair, just like overseer is now.

Where was this stated? i watched several videos and read a couple articles and they never stated specifics about any unit really. Just showed basically what they do and only a couple units were said to come from a specific structure.
Edited by TelAvivXJoeX on 10/24/2011 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Banelings are gonna get tunneling claws. FYI
Reply Quote
Yeah I actually just read about that. It wasn't in any videos or write ups I saw.
Reply Quote
Yes, but every zerg units can cloak. Also, banelings can detonate while underground
Reply Quote
10/24/2011 07:30 AMPosted by TelAvivXJoeX
hehe yeah It was super frustrating last week to lose to a guy who had mass stalker/colossus/sentry and I just was not able to attack his colossus because they kept going up platforms and with the range upgrade you just can't kill them, It was my fault for not teching higher but it was too late by the time our main armies were engaging. The map did not allow for me to reposition the fight since it was covered in platforms. Can't wait for that viper to bring the Colossi to me.

I wonder if you can pull units into the vast chasms that always surround a map, because that would be hella sweet.
Reply Quote
^ doubt it, I'd rather it not be like that though, thats pretty OP and badly designed.
Reply Quote
You know what I realized.

Neither toss nor terran move faster on creep. But zerg does.

It's almost as if bllizzard knows toss and terran cant move faster on creep, but still not allow them as to make a more diverse race.

Speaking of which why don't my shields recharge faster while in a power field? IMBA IMBA world.

Are... are you retarded lol?
I'd let them !@#$ing remove my creep for a damned Cloak Attacker... my god... is this really what these forums are not D:
Reply Quote
You know what I realized.

Neither toss nor terran move faster on creep. But zerg does.

It's almost as if bllizzard knows toss and terran cant move faster on creep, but still not allow them as to make a more diverse race.

Speaking of which why don't my shields recharge faster while in a power field? IMBA IMBA world.

That has nothing to do with cloaked units attacking Mr. DT but I would say yeah, Protoss probably should have faster shield recharge within pylon range, provided you had to be out of combat for a specified amount of time. BUT if they did that then Zerg would need ALL their units to regen quick when burrowed, not just roaches and thats op.
Reply Quote
ya but the !@#$ing major nerf on thors and the burrow charge on ultra is all we can ask for
Reply Quote
10/24/2011 09:59 AMPosted by Nacht
Yes, but every zerg units can cloak. Also, banelings can detonate while underground
No, I repeat, NO zerg units can cloak. Burrow has to be researched and its impractical. Upgrades for certain units can be researched to make burrow useful, excluding infestors. Banelings detonating underground is retarded and should never work against anyone thats halfassed
Reply Quote
Bah, we don't need shenaniganry to win. We just need to hit S, and DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I just can't wait til the new patch, and we have to wait forever for detection, i'm rolling toss and dt rushing EVERY z player i come across =D
Reply Quote
You do know most of you hear are making fools out of yourselves just by supporting that zerg has a disadvantage because they don't have a cloak attacker, which is not true. They make up for that with all their ground units being able to go invis, and some of you right now will be going they can't move though but that is also made up for because of all ground units being able to burrow.

Also you are missing the point of Gym Rainor's post. He's not trolling about the game he is making fun of you by pretending to troll about something that doesn't make any sense or doesn't affect the game's balance at all, or would make the game unbalanced if implemented.
Edited by Kdm on 10/24/2011 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Are... are you retarded lol?
I'd let them !@#$ing remove my creep for a damned Cloak Attacker... my god...

And... may I ask.. what you'd build your structure on to get said cloaked attacker? o.o;;;;
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]