StarCraft® II

Dr. Hanson [spoilers]

I'm doing another playthrough the campaign to make all the 'jerk' choices. To my mind killing off the colonists and Tosh.

The Tosh-bad choice seemed sightly weak although I was freaked out to see him screwing around with the Zerg in his secret oribital villains lair. And the voodoo doll thing was hilarious.

Dr. Hanson though.... First: Man, she was creepy! Secondly that was definitely a non-standard infection. She was missing the several extra useless limbs and was nimble and strong rather than shambling and zombielike. If all the infested could move like that they'd actually be a threat.

Plus she had Kerrigan's glowing eyes and spoke of the infected as her children. Which leads me to wonder, was she another potential Zerg Queen?

I'd always thought Kerrigan's ghost-psionics were what had made her attractive to the Overmind, but maybe there is some other factor which Hanson shared? Or perhaps Hanson, being from a backwater world, is a potential psi, but was missed by the ghost program recuiters and thus never developed her powers? Whatever it was Tosh picked up on it and warned you.

I'm wondering if she and Kerrigan will have buisiness in HotS if you don't kill her....
Reply Quote
picking Selendis and nova are wrong choices

why Hanson and not Selendis:

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection_IV

why tosh and not nova:

if you still have Hanson after you pick tosh shy will tell you shy did tests and that nova lied

ps. Hanson, tosh, and killing the worms is canon
Edited by Ivan on 11/5/2011 11:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, I wasn't really looking for a discussion of canon however, but speculation on the meaning of Dr. Hansens unusual infestation/transformation. Cool info about the mission though.
Reply Quote
11/05/2011 11:47 PMPosted by Ivan
that nova lied

SHE DID!?!?
Reply Quote
picking Selendis and nova are wrong choices

why Hanson and not Selendis:

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection_IV

why tosh and not nova:

if you still have Hanson after you pick tosh shy will tell you shy did tests and that nova lied

ps. Hanson, tosh, and killing the worms is canon

Starcraftwiki isn't made by Blizzard. Besides, it's been established that the second and third games won't include the split missions in their plots. Anyway, you'll find in either Heart of the Swarm or Legacy of the Void that Hansen was working on the science that led to hybrids being weaponized by the Dominion [whether she knew it or not won't even matter]. That's why the Zerg kept hitting her colony time and time again.

As to Tosh. It's highly unlikely he's the first or only specre or ghost to go off-mission and disappear from the Dominion ranks. In fact I bet Nova's not far from making the same call either when she finds out what Valerian is up to, or after someone punches Arcturisk Mengsk's ticket.
Reply Quote
11/07/2011 07:54 PMPosted by Goyathla
Starcraftwiki isn't made by Blizzard

so the facts are solid at blizzcon the weighting staff said they use sc wiki and wow wiki
Reply Quote
11/07/2011 07:54 PMPosted by Goyathla
That's why the Zerg kept hitting her colony time and time again.

i dont think so, i think they needed to infest them
Reply Quote
11/05/2011 05:02 PMPosted by Andor
And the voodoo doll thing was hilarious.

That's gold, right there! xD

Imo, the "wrong" choices in WoL, with regard to the 'choose your own adventure' paths, are the missions that end a prominent character (Tosh, Hanson, the Leviathan) before the end of the campaign. Blizzard seems to prefer to leave story opportunities open.

[imo]
Reply Quote
11/07/2011 11:00 PMPosted by Ivan
Starcraftwiki isn't made by Blizzard

so the facts are solid at blizzcon the weighting staff said they use sc wiki and wow wiki

But they didn't say all of it did they. See, this is what happens when you read into things and assume.

11/07/2011 11:09 PMPosted by Ivan
That's why the Zerg kept hitting her colony time and time again.

i dont think so, i think they needed to infest them

Actually, play it again with Tosh around to tell you something stinks with the zerg contantly on her people's @$$es.
Reply Quote
11/08/2011 06:11 PMPosted by Goyathla
Actually, play it again with Tosh around to tell you something stinks with the zerg contantly on her people's @$$es.

Like Tosh said... "She's sweet like honey, that one. He, he, he...."
Reply Quote

2 hours ago

ya ya ya i have
Reply Quote
11/08/2011 06:11 PMPosted by Goyathla
But they didn't say all of it did they. See, this is what happens when you read into things and assume.

um ?
Reply Quote
11/08/2011 09:12 PMPosted by Ivan

um ?

They look at it for SOME ideas, but certainly not all. Their design staff flat out said that neither storyline is involved in the later games.

You made an assumption and it turned out wrong. Get past it.
Reply Quote
no i didnt
Reply Quote
11/10/2011 10:52 PMPosted by Ivan
no i didnt

Read the development team's statement again, then you'll see that in fact you did.

Get past it.
Reply Quote
Read the development team's statement again, then you'll see that in fact you did.

Get past it.

14 minutes ago

i dont have time to fight with you
Reply Quote

Get past it.

14 minutes ago

i dont have time to fight with you

It's not about any fight. You were wrong. It happens.

Moving on....
Reply Quote
Tosh is obviously the right choice.

I don't have any proof for the Hanson one besides the fact Protoss aren't violent,
they just kill when they have to.
The fact that Raynor defended the colonists in the face of protoss conflict and the protoss accepting it makes this one the morally-correct one all the way.
Reply Quote
Yes. Tosh. Gabriel. Lore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]