StarCraft® II

There is no...

Proxy pylon or proxy warp-in alarm
Proxy barracks alarm
Warp prism alarm
Medivac drop alarm

So why is there an incredibly obvious nydus worm alarm?
Reply Quote
because you cant load up your entire army in a pylon
Reply Quote
11/06/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Nasreth
Good theory, but... what's the uncool thing about marines?

They... umm, damnit
Reply Quote
the warning from a mass medivac drop is a giant blob of something inching closer to you on your minimap.

the warning from a proxy pylon of the same scale is 30 warp gates in your opponent's base (which is suicide btw)
Edited by Wertyuio on 11/6/2011 12:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
I agree. The nydus worm's scream being played to me to let me know its ready is fine, but it making noise to the enemy is ridiculous. I hate rine drops the most. If you dont have banelings theyre far too strong, and its ridiculous.
Reply Quote
the warning from a mass medivac drop is a giant blob of something inching closer to you on your minimap.

the warning from a proxy pylon of the same scale is 30 warp gates in your opponent's base (which is suicide btw)

Ya except you can't pull a handful of workers and kill the warp in or drop as its happening lol. You can easily do that to nydus.

You can also lose 200 supply of army in a nydus if they kill the base canal with like 8 marines in a medivac lol.

11/06/2011 12:03 PMPosted by Noobsauce
So why is there an incredibly obvious nydus worm alarm?

There was a time in beta and near release, where nydus was too powerful (lol). In other words, protoss and terran weren't smart enough to deal with it yet, and the game was made easier for them. Its the same reason we have burrow at t2, slow !@# friggen queens off creep, etc, etc.
Reply Quote
Because if they didn't do that and you caught your opponent off guard it's auto loss for them. Just like a nuke.
Reply Quote
11/06/2011 12:13 PMPosted by moobyburger
every cool thing has an uncool thing. thats how bliz designs it.

False. Remember, Blizzard designed Terran
Reply Quote
11/06/2011 01:36 PMPosted by GuteNacht
Because if they didn't do that and you caught your opponent off guard it's auto loss for them. Just like a nuke.

Minimap awareness. It's a useful skill
Reply Quote
11/06/2011 01:36 PMPosted by GuteNacht
Because if they didn't do that and you caught your opponent off guard it's auto loss for them. Just like a nuke

If units didn't run out 1 by 1, usually to their death infront of a firing squad waiting for them to pop out, this would be logical reasoning lol.

Fire up a custom game and load up a large supply worth of zerg army into a nydus.
Time how long it takes to unload X supply of zerg army.
Ask yourself how long it would take for the opponents army to make it there to defend.

You would have to be absolutely lucky to have this 'best case senario' of surprising an opponent with 200 supply army, taking no losses to get into position, and even then.. the opponent would have to not have an army of equal value to defend. - And this is the fear that requires us to have screaming nydus? lol. Dumb.
Reply Quote
I actually like the Nydus scream. It has a nice "shock and awe" effect and will immediately terrify your opponent.

If they're rolling out of their base and they hear the Nydus scream, they're going to go back to their base and check every corner.

I think the yell has a very nice psychological effect and keeps the opponent uneasy. Spanishiwa uses this to good effect-- often he Nyduses once at the enemy base to harass, then he Nyduses again a few minutes later to an expansion while the enemy freaks out, thinking there's another worm in his base.
Reply Quote

You mean like Banshees? Like a huge ball of Mutalisks? Like Dark Templar? Where are the warnings for that?

I propose an announcement system that goes thusly: "Enemy Banshee cloak being researched"
"Enemy has just pulled all their SCVs" "Proxy Pylon detected"
Reply Quote
11/06/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Daggoth
one building, and one 20second build time and you can have your entire army

In what universe do you play SC2? lol.

What the hell is the enemy doing in the X seconds (or minutes lol) it takes to unload an 'entire' army from a nydus 1 by 1?

I bet every single person here on this forums, has more replays of 1 medivac worth of marines, causing more damage than a nydus with a full army in it.
This worst/best case senario you keep using as an arguement is retarded reasoning for nydus scream.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]