StarCraft® II

Warhound = Fail goliath.

11/07/2011 07:46 PMPosted by Dreadnaught
but the Viking is amazing.

Against air targets.

Yeah, I never go to ground with them either if I can help it.
Reply Quote
Warhound is ugly.
Reply Quote
but the Viking is amazing.

Against air targets.

Yep, kinda like the Goliath... only with better speed and mobility.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 11/8/2011 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
the warhound is simply meant to fulfill LESS of a multi-purpose role than the thor (blizzard) but fulfill it's main purpose (light air splash) better

to those of you saying the warhound is less mobile than the thor: you are dense. the unit size is (according to blizzard) smaller than that of the thor - helping it save your !@# as it trudges through your maze-of-a-base-buildings to get to the mineral line and %%## some mutalisks.
Reply Quote
11/07/2011 04:58 PMPosted by Dreadnaught
Beta hasn't started yet.

So just because someone makes a smartass comment "Beta hasn't started" we should just shut up and not say our own opinions? God forbid someone actually says something about an idea before it hits beta.

Calm down bro. I'm just saying my opinion. Or is that against your thoughts????
Reply Quote
Personally, I think the Idea behing it could be interesting... but the visual aspect really suck.
I mean, even if on paper it's pretty much like if they were bringing back the Goliath, they should make the unit looks more '' Terran'' not Mechwarrior ...

When you take two min to look how refined and badass the Marine Armor is, you could not imagine they would use let such an ugly concept be in the game...

And for the flame buggy, come on, bring back the Firebat( more HP and damage) and everybody will be happy.

I like the game, I'm crititicising the Artistic side more than the gaming aspect.

My two cents.
Reply Quote
they want a smaller thor and blizzard WANTS to keep this game fresh by not adding in old units. Sure they add old units to campaign but when it comes to MP blizz wants to keep things fresh and thats why a lot of BW units are being remade but in different ways (think of viper/defiler and swarm host/lurker).
Reply Quote
Or they just ran out of ideas, realized that the majority of the sc2 player base is new to the franchise, and that they could get away with recycling old units in new skins.
Reply Quote
Blizzard is Trolling us. Theyre going to fake the warbound and when its released OH MAH GAWD THE WARBOUND WILL BE THE GOLIATH
Reply Quote
i just say teh warhound has an ugly aspect, and they should make it more handsome and less crap
Reply Quote
Sounds like a great time to chime in with my in experienced opinion ! The Valkyrie may have been there original replacement for the Goliath.The Goliath was well verse but didn't pack enough punch with out numbers.Is that not the the Valkyries roll in SCII? but the are lil more complex and even more diverse.

Oh and BTW bro i kinda miss them as well.
Edited by Ghostivakian on 11/12/2011 10:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'll trade you war hound for the tempest.
Reply Quote
I'll trade the tempest for the Carrier.

The Infestor for the Defiler.

The phoenix for the Scout.

The Hellion for the Vulture.

The Colossus for the Reaver.

The Reaper for the Firebat.

New queens for old Queens.

PST WITH OFFERS!
Reply Quote
Warhound = SCV on steroids
Reply Quote
I'll trade the tempest for the Carrier.

The Infestor for the Defiler.

The phoenix for the Scout.

The Hellion for the Vulture.

The Colossus for the Reaver.

The Reaper for the Firebat.

New queens for old Queens.

PST WITH OFFERS!

Actually the infestor is better than the defiler and the vulture just plain useless crap. Firebats just aren't worth it, because of the short range.
Reply Quote
Have you played with the Warhound? It is big, expensive, and serves a purpose far different than that of the goliath. It is the highest tech, and was solely meant to be more mobile than the thor to take out harrassing mutas, and it also had an anti-mech attack. Think about the lore:
Terran: Dang! This thor sounded like a good idea at the time, but @#$%, these mutalisks are just to quick! Let's make something to chase them down a little better!
It makes perfect sense, meant for late-game mass mutas (like the tempest) if you don't want them then DON'T MAKE THEM!
Watch the clips of them- they are awesome, op, but they will be balanced! Think of how many changes the thor went through. It went through at LEAST 2 major size decreases, it's abilities and attacks changed drastically too.
CALM DOWN, Blizzard knows what they are doing, they've been doing it longer than you :)
And the Warhound, like many of these new units, were made (mostly) to fill gaps that the professional players were finding. Why the tempest? because in pro late-game, the toss just did not have the aoe vs. mass mutas (as in 50-100) that the zerg could pop out in no time.
Besides, if there's a bone to pick about bad units... pick the battle hellion. I understand it's need, and why they didn't implement the firebat again... I just don't understand how transforming it gives it more hp or armor or whatever they said it gained. THAT doesn't make sense.
Edited by Flocken on 11/15/2011 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
I can understand your point and the fact on paper, gaming experience.
I just wan't to bring the point that the Unit is ugly as hell.

The concept could be a good idea, just the visual aspect...
I kinda think I'm not the only one who think this way... man I'm actually wasting my time writing on this forum because I hope Blizzard won't keep the ugly Unit this way for their final version.

Still, I like the game, just that I don't think the warhound should pass the usual Starcraft visual quality stamp of approval.

Reply Quote
all abilities and stats aside , personally i think the actual designs of these new units are garbage. I feel like a four year old could come up with some ideas that look cooler. the shredder looks a like a robotic rip off of the swarm host with its four legs and big !@#. are you telling me that they couldn't come up with anything else? and the warhound is an abomination dumb little shield on one arm top heavy scrony legged mech, reminds me of those action figures i had as a kid, that if you didn't have there legs straight and place them on a completely level surface they would always fall over. battle hellion....ffs I don't even know were to start with this, another transformer. whats next Micheal Bay making the hots cinematics. i could go on about how similar all the protoss designs are, but i'd be raging way to hard, the only neat one was the viper for zerg
Edited by Bognosh on 11/19/2011 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
imo i think it would be a good unit for mutas BUT dont we already have seeker missile and why reeplace the thor for this crap thor was a good dmg dealer and a good AA so i dont get the point in replacing it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]