StarCraft® II

I DID IT!!!!

How is this even possible? I can't beat the 2nd mission on brutal. Help?
Reply Quote
12/08/2011 02:55 PMPosted by Desukan
How is this even possible? I can't beat the 2nd mission on brutal. Help?

The second mission?

What you wanna do is make a few more SCV's, get two medics and 4 more marines. Take your marines and get all the additional resources. When you have enough, make another rax. Get a total of 15 marines with 4 medics and go save the base.

Next what you wanna do is get a huge force. About 30 marines and 8 medics. Have a good 75-80% marines and 25-20% medics. Just move out and make sure your medics are behind your marines. Kill everything you see.
Reply Quote
The second mission?

What you wanna do is make a few more SCV's, get two medics and 4 more marines. Take your marines and get all the additional resources. When you have enough, make another rax. Get a total of 15 marines with 4 medics and go save the base.

Next what you wanna do is get a huge force. About 30 marines and 8 medics. Have a good 75-80% marines and 25-20% medics. Just move out and make sure your medics are behind your marines. Kill everything you see.

Thank you, I will give it a few more tries.
Reply Quote
And try and keep your minerals low. I once had 4-5 rax up and running and had them all hotkeyed. Just keep on pumping out marines and medics.
Reply Quote
Wait until custom games. They are a pain. I wouldn't even do them if it wasn't of my super awesome job giving me the ability to play in between customers (family business). Even then, i prefer #%@%ing around on Reddit.

Coop sounds like it's gonna be so laaaaaaaaaame. Gotta need to find a partner who can handle Insane.
Reply Quote
Co-op's not so bad. It's one of my favorite options of the game...
It's just, uh, far more fun for me.
... But, yeah, you're definitely gonna wanna have a good partner to Co-op with. I'm a bad Zerg buddy, so those matches were particularly tough.

* How cool is it that you get down time for playing SC2 at your [family] job?!

// So jealous!

Reply Quote
Yeah, I can't deny that for me, the best way to overcome Insane AI is to cannon rush.

You just can't let the AI last for any extended period of time. It cheats by harvesting like it's on a Gold base, so don't feel bad for rushing it. Just don't start out in the AI's base. I had so many BB's do that, all the while I was saying, "No! Don't do it! Hahahaha!" I will say, though that building a proxy pylon in the AI's base is great! The workers will leave the line to agro... Just before the pylon completes, just cancel it. Rinse & repeat 'til your cannons are active.

@ Nashtak, the achieves are [thankfully], uh, for lack of a better term, "trickle down inclusive". By that, I mean that if you earn Insane points, you'll also get points for the difficulty levels beneath Insane. You don't have to play all games in Medium, then all in Hard, then all in Insane. Give it a go & have some fun!

Reply Quote
I still remember when i got 500,000 points on the Lost Viking Arcade (Which was the last achievement I needed to complete the campaign at 100%) and the best thing is that it happened on the day of Christmas
Reply Quote
01/08/2012 11:37 AMPosted by GRRaynor
I still remember when i got 500,000 points on the Lost Viking Arcade (Which was the last achievement I needed to complete the campaign at 100%) and the best thing is that it happened on the day of Christmas

I just got 500k for lost viking. I couldnt get past low 400ks for several tries then tonight I kept !@#$ing up and starting over early. Then I got goin and just couldn't be stopped. At like 430k points (whenever you finish the zerg level for the third time) I had 7 lives and 15 bombs saved up. I'm still so stoked I finally did it.

Just a month ago I was wondering how to even get past the zerg level even once. I thought I'd have to avoid shooting the scourges =D
Reply Quote

Congratulations and good job :)
Reply Quote
I can finish most of them but i dont think i can get the arcade achievement... seems too hard to complete lol
Reply Quote
The damn Lost Viking game is the only thing holding me back from 100%. Still...99% is fine for me.
Reply Quote
I have no ambition to get the Lost Viking achievements.

I'm in greedy pursuit of the others though :)
Reply Quote
I just need lost viking glad I am using a gamepad with Joytokey for auto fire this is going to be a pain.
Reply Quote
11/11/2011 02:41 PMPosted by RainbowDash
i know someone who only needs 238 more FFa wins for every achievment in the game

That's insane, I have quite a few achievements but that's just WOW! I have a friend that is close as well but he used a bot to spam win the 1v1 games. I call BS on that.
Reply Quote

11/11/2011 07:10 PMPosted by Chesty
How bout somebody plays on casual, but builds no units at all.

That's a fun play through on the campaign, don't build any units or SCV's at all, just use what you have and you can build buildings, ie the turret bunkers and turrets, didn't even use the mercs. I was able to do it on casual and it was fun.
Reply Quote
I just need lost viking Gold using a game with joy2key to help
Reply Quote
Congratulations!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]