StarCraft® II

Voice chat not working for Mac, 1.4.2

I recently had a party with two mac users and two pc users. The two pc users were able to use the standard Starcraft voice chat with each other with no difficulty. However, myself and the other macbook user were not able to hear anything, nor were we able to be heard.

I am using a 2010 Macbook Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB ram, 2.26GHz processor speed). I am unsure of what the other macbook user has specs wise, but I believe it is a 2011 Macbook pro.

In earlier patches, I had no problem using the voice chat to communicate with other members of my party. I know for sure that it worked as of 1.4. However, after toggling every button I could in the voice options, there was still no effect. Mute was not toggled, microphone and speakers work (we were able to chat using google+).

Is this an error with the new patch, and are others having this problem? If not, what should I do to re-enable voice chat?

Thank you for your time.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If the 'microphone test' in game works and you can hear yourself but not others (or others cannot hear you), that is a good indication that a firewall or router is causing the issue.

Some routers and firewalls may block just the voice chat aspect of StarCraft II. You will want to make sure your router is forwarding port 1119 and 1120 to your computer, using the UDP protocol. If you have questions about how to do this, you will want to contact your router manufacturer. Similarly, please make sure your firewall is configured likewise. Disabling the firewall may not even work, and if you wish to eliminate the firewall as a potential source, please consider temporarily uninstalling it, to test. If this is not possible, please ensure that the following ports are open:

1) The StarCraft II launcher uses TCP port 1119, 1120 to obtain patch information, and 80 to get to the web site for patch notes.
2) The StarCraft II Downloader uses TCP ports 3724 and 6881 through 6999 for Peer to Peer (The Downloader will use 3724 first and if it's not available, move to 6881 and on up to 6999.) This is of utmost importance, as the 6881-6999 ports are frequently blocked by educational, government, and commercial facilities, as these are the registered bittorrent ports.
3) Patching the game requires TCP port 80.
Reply Quote
I will try that. Thank you for the response.
Reply Quote
Hi Lawman,

I am having the same problem. I checked my MacBook Security&Privacy settings (via System Preferences) and I can see that Starcraft2 is not blocked by my MacBook Firewall. I haven't checked my router yet, but I doubt that its getting blocked there because sometimes I can hear my friends chat, and other times I cannot. The problem is random (and frustrating). I was wondering if you solved this problem?
Reply Quote
i already do that to on a macbookpro and nothing solved... its really anoying so if anyone got any result please tell us, by the way i was playing with 2 pc user and they canot talk either...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
We're aware of the issue and are investigating the matter. Thanks for the reports.

Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Could y'all test again and see if this works? This should be fixed by now, but I would like to get feedback confirmation from the community :)

Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world!
Reply Quote
Same issues. My mac is having the same exact problems as all previous posts.
Reply Quote
Same issue, talking on a mac, works fine locally if I am playing on the same internet with someone in different rooms. But different connections no one can hear me, I can't hear them. I have done all of the router settings opening ports etc, and still not working. Suggestions?
Reply Quote
Are there still known bugs related to this? I am having same problems as the above on my macbook. I also have a pc with Realtek drivers which seems to work with microphone but it cuts in and out constantly. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]