StarCraft® II

SC2 sound problems with speakers/headphones

I am having a similar issue.... When I run Starcraft 2 using the default device (Independant speakers) is plays through the laptop's built in speakers (even when closed). Where as the same device works normally through other games like Blizzard's own World of Warcraft. This is highly irritating.

If anyone has a solution for this problem I would be grateful.
Reply Quote
I am having a similar issue.... When I run Starcraft 2 using the default device (Independant speakers) is plays through the laptop's built in speakers (even when closed). Where as the same device works normally through other games like Blizzard's own World of Warcraft. This is highly irritating.

If anyone has a solution for this problem I would be grateful.

there is a solution. go back and read the entire thread..
Reply Quote
Omg monkeys suggestion works.

DO WHAT MONKEY SAID =) Ty Ty Monkey
Reply Quote
Search 'manage audio devices'

Disable Communications Headphones.

This man is a genius. IT WORKED.
Reply Quote
You sir are the best, thanks for making my day better.
Reply Quote
I don't get an option to disable communications headphones when I go there. It just lets me decide how much to reduce the volume of other programs when it detects communication, which does nothing anyway. Now this is really pissing me off.
Reply Quote
Ok, so Baron I am guessing that you have you headphones set as the default communications device, simply change that to your stereo mixer and it seems to fix the problem.
Reply Quote
If you do it monkeys way, it disables the headphone entirely and you would have to enable it everytime you plug in headphones. Another way to do it is to go to the properties of your default communications device, and then advanced, then untick the box that says "
allow applications to take exclusive control over this device." Skype updates usually change this option to ticked so just untick the box and it should work right + when you plug in a headset it will automatically go to your headset settings.
Reply Quote
Wow I had the exact same problem. Monkeys solution works :D :D :D
Reply Quote
monkey lord fixed for me too ;)
Reply Quote
hey, I tried monkey lords solution, and I got the music to play into my headphones again, but when I tried the starcraft sounds are mute,
Reply Quote

This works. Kudos.
Reply Quote

This is the only thing that worked! I didn"t even think of it.. God Damn Beats By Dr Dre!!!
I also have an HP dv6
Reply Quote

worked! thanks amil to Monkeylord
Reply Quote
monkeylord is awesome
Reply Quote
The disable communications may work, but ALSO check in your sound setup, that the game itself is not MUTED.

While SC2 is running, alt-tab out, Go to your sound Icon, right click, choose "volume control options", on the "device" section select "Speakers and headphones" and it will pop up all programs that are using sound...that's where I found that SC ONLY was MUTED...everything was not and worked fine.

Using an HP, I also disabled the "IDT Sound" manager using the "msconfig" command from the run menu. This may no be necessary, but the daggon thing is just unnecessary and confusing things.

NOW the question on how it got muted in the first $%^ing place...

SUPPORT THE CORPS!
Reply Quote
Yea thanks a million. Worked for me.
Reply Quote
ive been having different problems when i try to listen to music while playing but when i log in the music stops so i cant even listen unless i alt tab out
Reply Quote
Thanks Monkeylord!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]