tl;dr. I did see the words "clan war" though, so I am a bit interested. Otherwise, unless you guys are all going pro, clans are useless. If people really want to practice vs others, they would just ladder lol.
Reply Quote
01/15/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Etl
tl;dr. I did see the words "clan war" though, so I am a bit interested. Otherwise, unless you guys are all going pro, clans are useless. If people really want to practice vs others, they would just ladder lol.

Couldn't disagree more.

A lot of the time, having a group of friends with the same interest can keep that interest going longer then it normally would.

If all you do is click find game, and don't have a single friend to talk to, you probably won't click that button for long.

A community is what keeps the game interesting and fun to play.

But hey! to each their own, and if you can click find game a million times without so much as soul to talk to about it, then all the power to you!
Reply Quote
01/15/2012 06:06 PMPosted by VanSCalucarD

Couldn't disagree more.

A lot of the time, having a group of friends with the same interest can keep that interest going longer then it normally would.

If all you do is click find game, and don't have a single friend to talk to, you probably won't click that button for long.

A community is what keeps the game interesting and fun to play.

But hey! to each their own, and if you can click find game a million times without so much as soul to talk to about it, then all the power to you!

I have a full friends list. Most are from laddering. If you need to join a clan with a bunch of randoms to make friends, than by all means, go for it, but just because you are playing with friends doesn't mean you will get anymore out of it then playing with randoms on ladder.
Reply Quote
this could help you guys too :)

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3229084044?page=1
Reply Quote
@Etl

I hesitate to straight up declare you wrong, because that's not really appropriate of me.

But you are wrong.

And in fact you couldn't be more wrong.

Having a clan/team mate to play with while having direct communication via skype, working on a set 2v strategy and having an active forum of other players some from bronze to masters to discuss issues in your game with, is dramatically better then simply playing Random Team and hoping the guy your paired with is decent then arbitrarily adding him as a friend afterwords.

@GeOrgiNalII

Already listed on the first page of that thread thanks!

@Everyone else

I'm currently on a business trip, I apologize for any late responses, or if you don't find me online to answer any questions.
Edited by VanSCalucarD on 1/22/2012 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
2 questions:
1) any leagues can join?
2)Does it matter if your young?
Edited by xXSeigeUpXx on 1/25/2012 4:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
2 questions:
1) any leagues can join?
2)Does it matter if your young?

1) Yes, any league is fine.

2) How young are we talking?

But no, age isn't a deciding factor.
Maturity is though.

Also, you'll be around a lot of people old then yourself. and getting plastered while playing SC is pretty much par for the course most days.

You're more then welcome to come hang out and see what it's like though.
Edited by VanSCalucarD on 1/26/2012 8:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
Recruiting actively again!

Population and popularity leveled off!

Come hangout in the channel and see if you like VanSC!
Reply Quote
Can't wait to see you all in the channel tonight!

I'm sorry you go there and find me absent, real life work has really taken up a ton of my time over the past few weeks, and is just slowing down now.
Reply Quote
Bump!

I'll be on later tonight around 9:00 PST to answer any questions anyone might have!
Edited by VanSCalucarD on 3/7/2012 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'll just give this here thread a little bump.
Reply Quote
BACK TO THE FRONT!!!
Reply Quote
Every time I see you, I immediately fire up this:

Castlevania SOTN: Dracula's Castle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3aNm-K82UM
Reply Quote
Every time I see you, I immediately fire up this:

Castlevania SOTN: Dracula's Castle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3aNm-K82UM

lol, classic song, I'm listening to it right now because you linked it for me :D
Reply Quote
Join now while recruiting is open!

Due to possible clan mergers it may close for a time!
Reply Quote
How many other high diamond / Master league players are there? (That's my level, I'm just smurfing :D). Just looking for some people to talk / maybe try some cool stuff on. Kinda getting boring being alone :(
Reply Quote
03/12/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Nemasyst
How many other high diamond / Master league players are there? (That's my level, I'm just smurfing :D). Just looking for some people to talk / maybe try some cool stuff on. Kinda getting boring being alone :(

We have a couple masters and a couple diamonds, and we're in talks with another group about merging a large number of master level players in as well.

Hope to see you online!
Reply Quote
Bump!
Reply Quote
JOIN

They be cool.
Reply Quote
JOIN

They be cool.

Thanks for the ♥!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]