StarCraft® II

Nice im living in Vancouver!

Nice to see a Clan based out of our Beautiful city ^.^

Barcraft?? =D

You know we talk a lot about going to the barcrafts in the area and we will as soon as time permits, but things have come up each time :(

Some of the guys in the Vancouver scene put on some amazing barcrafts and events!

You should hit up the website see what where all about!
Reply Quote
bump!
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 Cometh!

But Sc2 shall never die!
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 Cometh!

But Sc2 shall never die!

and you're gonna come play HC mode with me right

alright alright alright. I just thought i'd ask :D
Reply Quote
I'm willing to give a team a try. I may not be the best player but I will not quit until I complete my quest to Masters.
I'd love to practice with people and work on builds. I find the ladder to be a hard place to experiment with something, like /robo/star builds. It is something I'm burrowing from HerO who gets voids and warp prism and forcefields the ramp and kills the main. Only works against Zerg but I guess it might work against terran if they don't have their force in their base.
Reply Quote
I'm willing to give a team a try. I may not be the best player but I will not quit until I complete my quest to Masters.
I'd love to practice with people and work on builds. I find the ladder to be a hard place to experiment with something, like /robo/star builds. It is something I'm burrowing from HerO who gets voids and warp prism and forcefields the ramp and kills the main. Only works against Zerg but I guess it might work against terran if they don't have their force in their base.

Could work, but you need to worry about the marines that can be produced inside the base! Unless of course your coming in with some critical brake point number of voids...

Come check out the website though!
We're in the middle of Diablo hell though atm ;)
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 Cometh!

But Sc2 shall never die!

Lol are you really playing HC?

Have you played inferno difficulty yet?
Everything one shots you!
Reply Quote

I'm just gonna be honest here. I died on Belial. I engaged the boss, not knowing the fight, not knowing anything and was killed by that funny acid attack because I wasn't constantly in motion.

after that I rolled DH on softcore mode to learn the fights and am only in nightmare mode where I parked her for now. I once again rolled WD on HC mode and am back to where I originally was before I died. So am taking it slow now...

But now i'm hearing that only wizard or DH stand a chance in inferno...so not sure at the moment...
Reply Quote

I'm just gonna be honest here. I died on Belial. I engaged the boss, not knowing the fight, not knowing anything and was killed by that funny acid attack because I wasn't constantly in motion.

after that I rolled DH on softcore mode to learn the fights and am only in nightmare mode where I parked her for now. I once again rolled WD on HC mode and am back to where I originally was before I died. So am taking it slow now...

But now i'm hearing that only wizard or DH stand a chance in inferno...so not sure at the moment...

I'm in Inferno as we speak.
And let me tell you right now, no HC char at all stands any chance in Inferno.

There are too many points where the game just up and kills you.

You should REALLY REALLY run your SC char ahead of your HC.
So when your HC char gets to NM, run your SC char to hell to get a feel for the difficulty spike in NM and then the same for hell.

I can assure you, if you don't run a char through hell first, you'll lose your HC char 100%
The difficulty spikes up insanely high midway through act2 start of act3.

GL man.

And god speed.
Reply Quote
04/16/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Poo
Just wondering, why are you called VanSC if you're a community that isn't solely based in Vancouver? Also there is a large community (500+ ppl) in UBC + Vancouver + Richmond who host a large # of local events 0.o. Why haven't I heard of your events prior to this + why aren't you working with other people in the local scene? Vancouver is a pretty well-established e-sports city, so just wondering whats different about/what are you guys trying to bring to add on to the scene??? x.x

Old post to reply to... I know.

While I've never been to a UBCStarcraft LAN, I've heard terrible things that the events organised are just.. well dis-organised and messy.

While it may be a "Larger" community, at least currently they don't/haven't even held many events at all. All they have is a smelly old wordpress site that hasn't been updated since July 2011 and their Facebook page is just filled with random chatter.

VanSC on the other hand, always active even with random chatter; at least we have a online monthly tournament going on regardless of real-life events to keep activity and interest up.

Again, UBCStarcraft is pretty much exclusively local, mostly hosting LAN and big tournies; VanSC still welcomes plently of international members to compete in our online tournaments.
Edited by naPikKirby on 5/28/2012 6:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 06:18 AMPosted by naPikKirby
Just wondering, why are you called VanSC if you're a community that isn't solely based in Vancouver? Also there is a large community (500+ ppl) in UBC + Vancouver + Richmond who host a large # of local events 0.o. Why haven't I heard of your events prior to this + why aren't you working with other people in the local scene? Vancouver is a pretty well-established e-sports city, so just wondering whats different about/what are you guys trying to bring to add on to the scene??? x.x

Old post to reply to... I know.

While I've never been to a UBCStarcraft LAN, I've heard terrible things that the events organised are just.. well dis-organised and messy.

While it may be a "Larger" community, at least currently they don't/haven't even held many events at all. All they have is a smelly old wordpress site that hasn't been updated since July 2011 and their Facebook page is just filled with random chatter.

VanSC on the other hand, always active even with random chatter; at least we have a online monthly tournament going on regardless of real-life events to keep activity and interest up.

Again, UBCStarcraft is pretty much exclusively local, mostly hosting LAN and big tournies; VanSC still welcomes plently of international members to compete in our online tournaments.

I will just say that VanSC and UBCstarcraft are entirely different entities and I am just going to say that some of the things you stated are spot on. But I cannot say any more than this.
Reply Quote
I'd also liked it if we stopped talking about other groups in a fashion that can be perceived as negative.

UBCStarcraft is one of the most populous and influential groups in this area.
One I'd love to work with in the future.

Also we're running a Starcraft 2 tournament with a prize pool of $400!
See our threads:

@Vansc.ca: http://vansc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=670
@Battle.net: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5151724389
Reply Quote
One last bump!

I'm off to England for a few weeks so please check out the website and our forums if you have any questions!
Reply Quote
I'm back!
Come check out VanSC!
Reply Quote
July bump!
Reply Quote
Common down SC2 players!

We're looking for players of any skill level and we're a great group of people to be around!

if youre looking for someone to play with, or some tournaments to play in, this is the place for you!
Reply Quote
homahgawd!

It's a bump!
Reply Quote
cool group of people so far, seems like we are growing on a daily basis. come stop by the channel and say hi!
Reply Quote
is there any requirment?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]