SC2 Paid Name Changes

I want to change my name but I'm not sure if the one I want to change it to is available hence I do not want to take a chance if I will have to pay again to change it.
Edited by Setsuna on 6/15/2012 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO CHANGE MY NAME, BECAUSE IT IS STUPID.

LOOK AT IT.

I'D BE HAPPIER BEING NAMED "NOOB"

I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING. PLZ PLZ PLZ BLIZZARD, I WOULD PAY THIRTY DOLLARS FOR A NAME CHANGE.

I WOULD APPRECIATE NOT HAVING TO BUY THE GAME AGAIN, YOU KNOW?
Reply Quote
Blizzard is already offering paid name changes. Last I checked they were $40 from Amazon.
Reply Quote
07/30/2012 02:16 AMPosted by Prometheus
Blizzard is already offering paid name changes. Last I checked they were $40 from Amazon.

LOL, and if you pick the one marked HOTS you even get an expansion pack thrown into the deal (at the time your name change occurs sometime "from" March 2013 :)
Reply Quote
From a programmer's standpoint, it would really be as simple as agreeing on a reasonable price on the blizzard end (oh look, there's already a set amount for world of warcraft characters). They obviously have the infrastructure in place to support it considering the free name change exists. It would be as simple as adding the option to the web frontend, which would not detract from the development of other projects.

edit: Seriously, the frontend programming could be completed by a single employee in a few hours. The code would be similar to the World of Warcraft paid name change, just change the database it's targeting. I imagine it would not be a time intensive process.
Edited by intMain on 11/24/2012 2:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
aha.
Edited by Somflam on 3/31/2013 5:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I hope they are making tons of money. That way, they have no excuse when it comes to improving the new and beloved Starcraft II. Even haters should understand how epic Starcraft is or could be. Therefore, either they could learn to secretly enjoy it like !@#$ or a bad report card, or learn to like SC2 like getting over betrayal and possession by sexual enragement. "Omg, dude, so sorry. It just happened" I'm not trying to be mean, but SC2 is awesome, and I never like the idea of Blizzard people using any of that good chunk of money on a $30,000-$100,000 bran-new vehicle while I am the one willing to buy a mopad as long as I stay riding under 40 mph on it to avoid needing a driver's license. So kind of let the idea of the possibility of really complicated variables, I really hope the right people in Blizzard get it their way to help make things better. So if that does take an awesome audio system that may cost up to $5k-$10k, then that's cool. As a customer and gamer, I'm down for the best.
Edited by JohaHahoe on 12/24/2013 11:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
How do I keep my same name? Because the way it seems now. It looks like I am being forced out of my original name.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
01/11/2015 06:42 PMPosted by blitzkrieg
How do I keep my same name? Because the way it seems now. It looks like I am being forced out of my original name.

Can you elaborate? Double check you are logging onto the same server.

To switch servers you have three options
In the BDA (Battle.net Desktop App) right above the play button is a server selection box. You may switch between servers there.

While in the logging in menu you should see a button on the left of your email that says region. Click it and it will switch between server login screens. (They all look the same.)

While logged in at the main menu, press the menu button and in the top right of the menu you will see a globe icon. Click it and you can switch between servers while logged in this way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]