StarCraft® II

The Ghost, EMP, and Protoss

11/29/2011 09:01 PMPosted by Soxes
Why does Ghost EMP remove Protoss shield AND energy?

Because Davie plays terran?
Reply Quote

Are there any other units in the game who's abilities affect a race as a whole and not just serve as a "counter" to a specific unit/set of units?

Winfestor affects the whole race of every race and counters everything
Reply Quote
I do complain about ghosts, I hate how my army is hard countered with a single unit, It would be better if ghosts only dry energy, that would be faire, but shields? really?

Archons are very different, even if they have additional damage aganist all zerg units and buildings, we don't see very often an only archon strategy win
Reply Quote
04/27/2015 09:03 PMPosted by Flecha
I do complain about ghosts, I hate how my army is hard countered with a single unit, It would be better if ghosts only dry energy, that would be faire, but shields? really?

Archons are very different, even if they have additional damage aganist all zerg units and buildings, we don't see very often an only archon strategy win

If protoss had repair and healing options the EMP wouldn't bother me.
Reply Quote
They are quite micro intensive however and if one mistakenly gets caught in the wrong hotkey group and you get into an engagement its over cause the ghost hotkeys will override stim and pretty much make you suicide the game

edit: tab does help with this but its quite often far too late already
Edited by Oblivion on 5/8/2015 10:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ghost are used mostly in late game and late game TvP engagements are probably one of the hardest thing to master in the game. If you miss to emp some HTs you are just dead. So no ghost aren't OP.
Reply Quote
They're too hard to micro loool. It might not seem like much, but having a unit that overrides Stim is absurdly annoying - especially since a late game TvP fight is only gonna last like 3 seconds

Spending that fraction of a second switching from EMP to cast Stim is a big deal when there are infinitely more important things to manage like Vikings and army splitting

I'd probably use Ghosts a lot more if Stim would auto-cast like Zealot Charge :P
Reply Quote
Poor attempt to disguise a QQ post. Ghosts are really hard to micro, in lots of different ways. And before you say: "So are HTs", let me just say that with Ghosts you can't just blindly blanket the enemy with EMPs as you can storm. You have to very specifically target the HTs during a battle, while remaining cloaked, while keeping your other army back, while trying to scan for observers and kill with vikings, while positioning for the big after battle.

So yeah, they work well but require a lot of skill to use effectively, too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]