StarCraft® II

All In, Brutal, Nydus Worms question

Is there a limit to the number of Nydus Worms that can be present on the map in "All In" on Brutal difficulty?

Thanks
Reply Quote
Hmm...I do not think there is a limit. Last time I played, after I had 10 siege tanks on each choke, I just let them build up. After 4 spawns, there was over 15 worms on the map. The only reason they died is with the artifact use.
Reply Quote
It's funny when they spawn in a big clump and block the path. I've seen Kerrigan sit and spin for quite a while. I finally hit the artifact anyway.
Reply Quote
12/05/2011 06:34 PMPosted by Azire
It's funny when they spawn in a big clump and block the path. I've seen Kerrigan sit and spin for quite a while. I finally hit the artifact anyway.

Why would you hit the artifact anyway? I would totally cheese the rest of the mission with no Kerrigan lol.

I got bored.:)
Reply Quote
I did the entire mission with only one Factory with a Tech Reactor. The Zerg never broke my lines even at the end of the mission.

Sounds like fun! I'll have to try that next go 'round through the campaign... Did you use the Psi Disruptors too? I'd guess so.

Reply Quote
I've started up a new campaign and am officially favoring the PF research this go 'round. The first time ever for me, so I'm looking forward to some new gaming experiences... The 1st mission I used a PF on - The Dig.

... Things went, eh, pretty ok.

Reply Quote
Yeah..the PF on the Dig is pretty hard to use cuz of immortals. But if you target just the immortals with the laser, archons and all the other ground units get hit hard with the heavy siege line.
Reply Quote
The sad thing is, for that mission, it's just so second nature for me to target nearly all incoming enemies w/the Laser Drill.... So my PFs didn't see that much action... Because of the tanks too.

So I'm anxious to see what I'll do with them on some other missions. I can't wait for Outbreak, though!

xD
Edited by Sheppard on 12/8/2011 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/09/2011 04:29 AMPosted by Azire
PF on Outbreak?

Outbreak is the best mission to put off as late as possible. Ever had permacloaked specters and ghosts on the choke points, holding position? They cannot break through. Lol. I once had 6 tanks on the upper ramp, 4 on the south end, 3 flame turrets covering each entrance and banshees. I must say, I lasted 40 nights on brutal till I got bored and killed everything. Lol
Reply Quote
12/09/2011 04:29 AMPosted by Azire
All you have to think about is Left 2 Die

Yeah, that's what I was thinking & Im' surprised I never made the connection sooner than I have. // Slaps forehead & yells, "Doh!"

I can really, really appreciate that persistence, Xombie!! (xD) I do similar things on occasion, as well. I really love creating a great base defense while massing my troops and researching upgrades. I think that's partly why "Outbreak" is my personal 5-star favorite mission in the campaign. (xD)

The only real complaint I have about "Outbreak" is the limited gas resources... I so wanna run buck wild w/perma-cloaks nukin' everything in sight on that mission so bad!!!
Reply Quote
The only real complaint I have about "Outbreak" is the limited gas resources... I so wanna run buck wild w/perma-cloaks nukin' everything in sight on that mission so bad!!!

I think there is only a 2500 gas limit. so if you make 4 ghosts/specters with 4 silos and stuff...You can drop only about 10 nukes
Reply Quote
^ I'll try playing through again when I get to Outbreak this go around and see if I can do something different to satisfy my infested nuking fun-fest. I always manage to run out of bass too soon, though.

I usually only train in Mercs for base defense... Plus unit upgrades (Bio or Mech - usually not both.)... Then whatever my unit of destructive choice will be... That's how I spend my resources.
Reply Quote
I agree, Azire... Reapers are so powerful on that mission.

xD
Reply Quote
I agree, Azire... Reapers are so powerful on that mission.

xD

And they're just SO much fun!

GERONIMO!
Reply Quote
I'm playing through the campaign again and for the first time ever I've actually gotten the Reaper upgrade for increased range. It does help! Lol.

But somehow I've managed to shift into mass Specter mode! ... I've always wanted to destroy Orlan's CC from the "Cutthroat" mission... I never could with Siege Tanks & conventional units. I've even nuked it w/3 simultaneous nukes...

12 Nukes!!! That's what I did alright. 12 simultaneous nukes. IT WAS GONE!!! (xD)

I've been trying to perfect some nukage action in other missions too... Sadly, I can't seem to find the time for it in "All In".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]