StarCraft® II

All In, Brutal, Nydus Worms question

^ What was funny about it, too, was that the only troops I had near Orlan's CC was Specters, yet in the cut scene following the mission completion there were a lot of Marauders, Marines, and Vultures crawlin' all over the place! LoL
Reply Quote
Yeah, it's funny about how it does that because many times, "Outbreak" for example, will display exactly what you've left on the field as the mission outro plays, and then at other times it'll interject what looks like a randomly generated pre-planned cut scene.
Reply Quote
Hahaha... Just gettin' in touch with my feminine side! (* I've always wanted to be able to choose a pool of portraits that'd randomly cycle through every time I started the client... I've been manually changing them up lately. xD)

Yeah, I could see that... It's not intentional. I believe that we're [forum chatters] intentionally hijacking each others' threads... They just evolve that way from players who've already been through some mission and are offering suggestions to newer players... And morph into new ideas for replaying missions to eek out as much fun as possible out of WoL before the much anticipated HotS is available!

If we were all seated around a table... this entire conversation might only last about 15 minutes, if that!

xD

* All apologies to the OP, if any grief has arisen!
Edited by Sheppard on 12/10/2011 9:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
I never hijack threads...But I sure do love waffles. Who else likes waffles?
Reply Quote
^ What was funny about it, too, was that the only troops I had near Orlan's CC was Specters, yet in the cut scene following the mission completion there were a lot of Marauders, Marines, and Vultures crawlin' all over the place! LoL

I was playing Supernova and I let everything burn to where it was draining the health of the vault and I let my banshees take it out to win....The cut scene was banshees, marauders and marines taking out the base in order to get to the artifact. Lol
Reply Quote
Waffles?! Where?! Have any pizzelles?

... I must say, I've never cut a mission as close as that, there, Xombie! xD

Pay attention to "Zero Hour", it will display things the way you've built & left them... Sometimes I'll pull everything back into the base & leave a ton of marines at the bottom of the ramp... Where the Nydus worms pop up... Aaaaa!!!!
Reply Quote

But somehow I've managed to shift into mass Specter mode! ... I've always wanted to destroy Orlan's CC from the "Cutthroat" mission... I never could with Siege Tanks & conventional units. I've even nuked it w/3 simultaneous nukes...

I always use nukes; one for the missile turret at the corner and then three for the base with Orbital Scan for vision. It works every time on every level.
Reply Quote
12/11/2011 09:25 AMPosted by DiamondDave
with Orbital Scan for vision

Indeed. I found that to be very effective. The 3 nukes I dropped in his CC didn't wipe it out like I expected... But dropping 12 on it at one time...

NOW THAT WAS A BLAST!!!

xD
Reply Quote
Pay attention to "Zero Hour", it will display things the way you've built & left them... Sometimes I'll pull everything back into the base & leave a ton of marines at the bottom of the ramp... Where the Nydus worms pop up... Aaaaa!!!!

I played it on normal and took out every zerg base, All the drones and units...Even the Nydus worms. Cut scene was a zerg infested area. Lol
Reply Quote
12/11/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Sheppard
with Orbital Scan for vision

Indeed. I found that to be very effective. The 3 nukes I dropped in his CC didn't wipe it out like I expected... But dropping 12 on it at one time...

NOW THAT WAS A BLAST!!!

xD

I tried it on Normal and 3 seperate nukes did destroy his Planetary Fortress
Took me less than 4minutes
Reply Quote
12/11/2011 09:17 PMPosted by Cabal

Hmm.. Maybe I was playing on the Hard difficulty, I thought it was on Normal. For some reason my 3 nukes only brought the CC down to about 1/5 health... 12 made a wonderful light-warping bubble for the cut scene!

xD
Reply Quote
12/12/2011 10:35 AMPosted by Sheppard

Hmm.. Maybe I was playing on the Hard difficulty, I thought it was on Normal. For some reason my 3 nukes only brought the CC down to about 1/5 health... 12 made a wonderful light-warping bubble for the cut scene!

xD

One can't have too many nukes.:) But I've done this on brutal; three is enough.
Reply Quote
Perhaps I only 2 nuked it, I guess... I could swear the 1st time I did it I triple-nuked 'im. I've been convinced on several occasions that my copy of the SC2 client is more difficult than others! (xD)

...T'was a thing o'beauty... Maybe next time I'll make it a baker's dozen; Just because I can.

xD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]