StarCraft® II

Not So Brutalisk?

I've run through the mission twice. The second time I paid attention more and used the plasma gun as fast as possible. Further, i made sure the lisk was attacking raynor, who of course did not die. I didnt get the acheivement.

Now, I DID notice, that when I entered the room I lost a marine to one of the firebats. But I am pretty sure I didnt loose anything during the brutalisk fight.

Is it bugged? Known issue? Or did I just miss something?
Reply Quote
which mission?
Reply Quote
which mission?

Pierce the shroud.

OP, did you get disconnected from Bnet? If not, try doing the level again, save before releasing the brut.
Edited by ReaperMAC on 8/8/2010 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It can pretty much one shot a marine, so that may have been it.

I did it by clearing the room with my full force (I didn't lose anyone though) and then put my medics in a corner of the room using hold position. I put the rest of my marines outside of the room then used Raynor to kite him around the two pillars (being healed as he runs by the medics) - turning now and again to use plasma gun to bring his health down.
Reply Quote
the brut might some how killed a marine from the cleave attack, i somehow let raynor solo tank the brut and have 1 medic healing him the whole fight, all my troop were like miles away, so i just spam my grenade and plasma attack till he is dead :)
Reply Quote
I've run through the mission twice. The second time I paid attention more and used the plasma gun as fast as possible. Further, i made sure the lisk was attacking raynor, who of course did not die. I didnt get the acheivement.

Now, I DID notice, that when I entered the room I lost a marine to one of the firebats. But I am pretty sure I didnt loose anything during the brutalisk fight.

Use ARES. Makes everything much easier. It's also a Feat of Strength if ARES gets the killing blow.
Reply Quote
What's an ARES???
Reply Quote

What's an ARES???

The security bot that you release about 40% thru the mission.
Edited by Spike on 8/9/2010 12:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Use your main force to clear the way to the brutalisk room (using grenades and sniper shots on the tanks/larger groups), then start up the ARES and hide your force where you get reinforcements. Have Raynor free the brutalisk, and run to the ARES. ARES takes out the brutalisk, you get the Monster Mash FoS and your achievement.
Reply Quote
I did it a little differntly then the others.

leave the Dominion people in the room and keep your group in the top of the room where you release him from.

Release him .. he attacks the dominion people. You can get 2 - 3 shots from Raynor off on him before he turns to you. Then you can have Raynor tank and the others assist. Heck if you are quick enough at micro you can have a maurader tank him for a hit or two.
Reply Quote
I only sent raynor in there when i release him... All I did was micro and use the special attacks. Piece of cake.
Reply Quote

Use ARES. Makes everything much easier. It's also a Feat of Strength if ARES gets the killing blow.

Good to know. Mine always seems to die though (time). What do you do about that?
Reply Quote

Good to know. Mine always seems to die though (time). What do you do about that?

Clear everything up to the brut before you activate the ARES. Then have the ARES initiate the attack on the Brut. Have Raynor and your marines attack the Brut, but make sure the ARES is the one that finishes off the Brut.
Reply Quote
If you send all of your forces except raynor and maybe 1 medic outside of the room then there is no way for the brutalisk to find them before you kill it. Save right before releasing him just to be safe.
Reply Quote
It bugged out for me. I had to redo it (i saved right before him ;)).

Took 3 or 4 tries to get it because it was buggy and not registering the kill.
Reply Quote
where do you get this mission anyway?
Ive beaten the campaign but its not in the mission replay?
Reply Quote
I use the bot for the achievement.

Gunned and granaded everything else in the room before getting to the lisk. Then went back for the bot after clearing the lisk room. The bot will take all the beating, so use stim and the gun and granades on the thing until it dies.
Reply Quote
where on earth is Caesar aka Ares
Reply Quote
If you're good with micro it's possible to kite the Brutalisk with Raynor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]