[Risk Revulsion] Official Thread

Background

If you're familiar to WarCraft III Risk or the original StarCraft Risk for that matter, then this map should be quite familiar in terms of both gameplay and features.

Risk Revulsion is a StarCraft II remake of the popular board game, risk. Similar to the boardgame, each player begin with a limited amount of minerals for them to expand their influence by capturing countries. The more countries you capture, the more income you get, the stronger you become. When a country is captured, you'll be provided with free marines and additional income provided by your countries. This boost in income will be added on top of the original income of 4. You'll recieve your income at the start of a new turn.

When your influence or power has reached a certain thresshold, challenge your foes over the ( Global or European ) battlefield and prove your worth.

Take chances, take risks,

Risk Revulsion!

More Information at www.riskrevulsion.com

Official Chat Channel: Risk Revulsion
PS: Any Ideas or Suggestions are welcomed!
Edited by HELLYA on 1/15/2011 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
Extra space if need be...
Edited by HELLYA on 10/31/2010 8:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Great map. Need more people to play.
Reply Quote
If you are a risk fan stop playing that crappy version that is high pop!!! This is by far the best risk out there but we just need more people playing it!
Reply Quote
Best Risk map out so far, great job! I'm an old WC3 Risk fan.
I hope your already aware of this, but the half the territory unit spawns are broken. Most of the NA, SA spawns are working though.

I just wanted to voice my opinion for this version (v0.15 atm)
-I think the Hercules should be able to carry more than its current capacity.
-Make some of the current land bridges a bit wider. Just off of the top of my head, i can think of one in the middle east to Africa that is so skinny only 2 units can go through at a time
, and the Greenland to Europe network of land bridges is a tad to narrow.
-Perhaps you may want to put up some land bridges down by the Indian Ocean Islands
-I saw a couple other versions of Risk out atm have a Alaska to NE Russia teleport; consider this?

One more thing, here's a screenshot gallery of the Risk Next Gen WC3 Map, you can see some of the land bridges and other stuff they've got going on there:
http://r1skempire.webs.com/worldrisknextgeneration.htm

Great Job again! :)
Edited by Budi on 9/29/2010 4:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Best Risk map out so far, great job! I'm an old WC3 Risk fan.
I hope your already aware of this, but the half the territory unit spawns are broken. Most of the NA, SA spawns are working though.

I just wanted to voice my opinion for this version (v0.15 atm)
-I think the Hercules should be able to carry more than its current capacity.
-Make some of the current land bridges a bit wider. Just off of the top of my head, i can think of one in the middle east to Africa that is so skinny only 2 units can go through at a time
, and the Greenland to Europe network of land bridges is a tad to narrow.
-Perhaps you may want to put up some land bridges down by the Indian Ocean Islands
-I saw a couple other versions of Risk out atm have a Alaska to NE Russia teleport; consider this?

One more thing, here's a screenshot gallery of the Risk Next Gen WC3 Map, you can see some of the land bridges and other stuff they've got going on there:
http://r1skempire.webs.com/worldrisknextgeneration.htm

Great Job again! :)

Thanks Ill try to fix the Spawn Issue ( Dont know what would cause it )

Hercules: I Believe the Hercules Has a perfect amount of Space for 5 Minerals...

LandBridges: I think its currently fine and there is no Land Bridges to Greenland and the isles there...

Teleporter: There is a Teleporter but only for Air Units when you go so far to the side it you transport your unit to the other side of the map.

And Thanks!

BTW: European Version Is Up... Yoru Stats from Global are same for European :D Your Stats are saved so no worries there
Reply Quote
AWESOME i love risk revulsion

that took forever. i saw it in beta and then 3 months later
I can't wait to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Risk revulsion is finally popular! Let's make sure to keep it that way above all those other crappy risk maps.
Reply Quote
This map is finnaly getting some of the respect it deserves! Here are some ideas/suggestions.
-Bring back upgrades
-Hero Units, 100x price, 100x stats, this will keep the lag down and get rid of terrain issues. exmple: When i go from Bulgaria to Turkey its hard for me to get across that little gap without some sort of small tanky unit. Marauders fill that roll but are fairly cost ineffective unless the enemy is tank heavy.
-Hellion buff, 10 minerals makes it too expensive early game when it might be useful, late game there are too many marauders and tanks for it to work well. I propose either a price decrease, a health increase, or a mixture of the two.

Now these ideas are crazier:
-Flying baneling kamikaze unit with 1 hp, force your opponents to acutally micro!
-Sea Units, can bombard enemies near the water and can carry land units.
-Bomber unit
-Fixed static defense against air and sea (not ground)
Who said that the battles should only be fought on land?
Reply Quote
Connect Africa and MidEast. Balances it out.
Reply Quote
I play alot and I agree connecting africa and mideast well northwest africa should have a connection to egypt at least.
Reply Quote
I play alot and I agree connecting africa and mideast well northwest africa should have a connection to egypt at least.

Thanks and I plan on seeing if I will add that... Currently Working on a New Feature called "Minimap History" Which save the Cities on the Minimaps Owner every 5 turns ( Including Turn 0 or Beginning of the game ) and can be viewed by saying "-history"
Reply Quote
Thats pretty kool. The profile like features could use enhancing. I cant say how many times ive basically won and game and was like " ok gg guys lets remake" and we all let 75 is extremly high percent. I think a 50% option would be good, some games would go quicker, and really right now at 50% your collecting enough bank and free troops, noone can touch you, now anything inbetweeen(30-49) can be wittled down but 50 and a good player and its over 1000 wraiths and its over.

the southern african areas should be connected, it would give more incentive to guard them properly, and no longer just be a small money gain for spain/turkey.
Edited by TravisJ on 10/26/2010 3:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thats pretty kool. The profile like features could use enhancing. I cant say how many times ive basically won and game and was like " ok gg guys lets remake" and we all let 75 is extremly high percent. I think a 50% option would be good, some games would go quicker, and really right now at 50% your collecting enough bank and free troops, noone can touch you, now anything inbetweeen(30-49) can be wittled down but 50 and a good player and its over 1000 wraiths and its over.

the southern african areas should be connected, it would give more incentive to guard them properly, and no longer just be a small money gain for spain/turkey.

How could the Profile Features be enhanced? Please tell!!

And the Percentage used to be 95% so a 20% decrease... I also find 50% too low i might add a 70% but never in the 60's...

And again I'll consider the African Connection
Reply Quote
The profile features could use some explaining and maybe some graphical sprucing up, but, thats asking alot.

the primary worry for me is the africa connection, even let it just allow a string of marines across it would spruce the game up alot.
Reply Quote
You see HELLYA? My words are holy >:D
Edited by Teckno on 10/26/2010 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Okay Im currently at school but I can tell you guys this there will be a stats wipe but a new system for it will be in place... where there will be admins and those admins can choose to ban people whom will brake the new rules in the next patch. Also there will be... Server Ranking!!! that shows the top 3 players. But dont plan on Graphic Updates until Patch 2.00 which will have huge amounts of improvements and upgrades and fixes ( Don't Expect Patch 2.00 to come soon though

Okay I gtg before i get in trouble Thanks for Playing and I will try out the African land bridge!
Reply Quote
Great map, needs more players

;)

Thanks for the comment :D and if any of you have Feedback/Suggestions/Ideas Please do tell!

Status on Next Patch: Going okay! Just need to figure a good way to Encrypt Player Names as there is no Text Comparisions and no text -> String
EDIT:
Status: Almost ready!!! Just testing and seeing if anything glitches :D
Edited by HELLYA on 10/30/2010 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Since the addition of Chat Channels Risk gained a new chat channel!

Risk Revulsion
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]