[Risk Revulsion] Official Thread

I would just like to suggest some kind of AA unit more effective than marines. Currently, four or five wraiths will slaughter a group of 16 marines or 5 vikings no sweat.

Other than that it's a great map! Keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
This map is awesome. The new upgrade is a little buggy, but the balance from it is fantastic so it's worth it, knowing the bugs will eventually be worked out.

I have an official complaint for the responsible party.

I am now, apparently, "Banned." Not from Starcraft 2, which I bought when it first came out, but from the Risk Revulsion map available in Starcraft 2. It drops me at the beginning of every game. Every time.

It does not allow me to play, but allows me to message in the game. I instantly get the "Defeat" screen and others in the game apparently get a message with some slander about me being a "Banned Player." I'm extremely confused and upset about this right now.

I'm hoping it's another bug like the current "everybody starts in Ireland & Iceland" Dawn of Man bug, but if not then the person responsible needs to respond to this complaint and render some sort of explanation.

I hope problem this can be resolved quickly, be it some form of trolling or just a bug.

BACKGROUND:
I played the game to where I could win occasionally for a couple weeks, then didn't play for some time. I came back today (3/20/2011) and played 5-6 games without a problem. Lost every one. I spent two hours doing chores then making and eating dinner, and after returning find myself unable to access this map due the above listed "ban."

In none of the games I played earlier today did I even have a small argument or swap trash-talk with a single other player. No one expressed anger or frustration with me in any messages. I was never informed of any supposed banning, any cause for banning, any person bringing accusations against me, any way in which I might seek appeal, redress or other recourse.

Which is why I believe it's probably a bug... but am not sure because no one else seems to be affected or even have heard of it before. Which makes me feel singled out from other players and somewhat maligned.

BR
Az.
Edited by Azathoth on 3/21/2011 12:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This problem has been resolved - the "banned player" message was apparently some kind of bug that only affected me.
Reply Quote
I am having the same issue as Azathoth. How do i fix it?? I have played one game of risk and loved it but now i cant play anymore as i get the defeat message as soon as the options are chosen.
Reply Quote
Awesome map. Whats the story on Infested Terrans? How do you get them?
Reply Quote
03/24/2011 6:01 AMPosted by Rook
Awesome map. Whats the story on Infested Terrans? How do you get them?

NM I found it:
"You win 10 games and you get the infesteds."
Reply Quote
Yeah.. I found this on the Goog:

"by HELLYA » February 18th, 2011, 4:45 pm
Sorry, but Risk Revolution is already used ( WC3 ) and I wouldn't want to cause confusion and I would defiantly want it under Risk Revulsion as I already have a website link for it!!! So it will be named "American Risk Revulsion [NA]" and the the Global version will be "World Risk Revulsion [NA]"
Reply Quote
Hi everyone, www.riskrevulsion.com , nuff said. Ask Hellya and RedMarine these things there and you'll get the answers you seek :)
Reply Quote
Me and my friends are playing right now adn we can't figure out the parameters for a capture; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. What are they?
Edited by gatz on 3/24/2011 9:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
These updates for risk suck. It was awesome before when it was simple. Before you would just macro manage everything and it was great. Now it seems like you are building the game so that you have to micro manage the game. If I want to micro manage a game I'll play the normal version of star craft. keep the game simple and were happy add all of this extra stuff and your going to lose us.
V/R CaptBface
Reply Quote
03/24/2011 7:49 PMPosted by Malpheus
Hi everyone, www.riskrevulsion.com , nuff said. Ask Hellya and RedMarine these things there and you'll get the answers you seek :)

That goes for complaints too. The maker of risk actually listens to the folks providing feedback on their forums.
Reply Quote
@ Gatz: Could you repeat the question?

@CaptBFace: Im sorry you feel that way. But I feel that making it so you require more skill then just Click Attack Move and Win.
Reply Quote
I wanted to ask why I have been banned. I love to play and am not aware of anything I have done wrong. Please let me know why this is happening.

Thanks,

Bly
Reply Quote
I have been banned. I really like playing and don't hack. Can you allow me to play again?
Reply Quote
@ Blylock: http://www.riskrevulsion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=122&start=30#p569
Reply Quote
Hey,

I have been banned and it says " hacker-reason 3" idk what this means. I can never win, acutally im really bad. I just like playing. Can you pllllleeeeeeaaaaaasssssse let me play again.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
i'm a huge addict to this map. i love it and i've played at least 100 games. but much of that enjoyment was KILLED in the last update!

everybody i've played with agrees, the mines are insanely overpowered. it's easy to make 5 vultures, and go suicide bomb and destroy a 100-200 mineral army. it's ridiculous, choke points and geography are barely relevant anymore.

i like having the vultures and goliaths rather than predators and thors, it even adds a nice nostalgic touch... but could we please get rid of the mines?

about the hercules transport... do you really need two pages of units in a transport? it cuts down on tedious clicking, but makes mobilizing an army and moving it wherever extremely easy.

perhaps there is a middle ground... 16 units in a dropship? weak mines? though really, i think the mines add an unnecessary layer to the game. they can be fun, but overall risk is more fun without them imho...

overall, though, thank you hellya... this map is the reason i'm still on SC2. i'm working on a historical europe (currently at test/alpha phase) map (it's the balkans war of 1912), and i hope others are making good strategy maps like we have on SC1.
Edited by Starcrap on 6/19/2011 11:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Im in masters league and i play this between games!!! its that great!!! :D

Any plans for a "Global RISK" that would be similar to the 2.25 version that was in BW?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]