Larva, Drone, Gas, The Zerg Balancing Act

How do you guys do it. I find when I start to run really high or really low on minerals it's because I'm lacking one of these.

For Zerg it seems like a harder balancing act when trying to pump out workers seeing how you have to sac them when you build. While Protoss and Terran can just keep pumping them out and forget about them (kinda). On top of that when you make more Drones you sac larva which takes away from you ability to create an army. And this of course all relates to getting and having enough gas for that army.

Anyone have tips on how to keep these things in check? I'm still new trying to refine my build orders plus trying to put Queens on hotkeys, but I'm still coming up short.
Reply Quote
2 drones per mineral field 3 drones per gas
keep your income and spendings in sync
Reply Quote
Well...no offense, but I was hoping for something a little more insightful. And I thought it was 3 drones per field.
Reply Quote
you wan't insightful? and 2 drones can only mine a field at a time the one finishes just as the first is getting back 3 per field is just tying up supply.

If you find yourself getting allot of something say gas for instance and you already have a slightly large force start upgrading them and other things so you are able to switch builds quickly depending on what the situation calls for i.e. allot of thors with a small support group some brood lords, blings, and speedlings etc. you can always build a second hatch in your main if you are really that income heavy and start pumping out additional units. you want to expand your arsenal as fast as you can to keep ahead of the other player but you also need to know what there doing so some units may be sacraficed to scout if you can't get a changling in there.
Reply Quote
I guess I was looking for tips and tricks on how to do this. I mean I know what needs done, it's just executing it is tricky.
Reply Quote
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Minerals

Some people prefer 2, some people prefer 3. I'm not going to say that one is viable while the other is trash, though.

[Edit] This is a response to whether or not 2 Drones or 3 Drones per Mineral Patch are more efficient than the other.
Edited by Scyth on 8/13/2010 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Minerals

Some people prefer 2, some people prefer 3. I'm not going to say that one is viable while the other is trash, though.

[Edit] This is a response to whether or not 2 Drones or 3 Drones per Mineral Patch are more efficient than the other.

I guess when you expand more it's best to spread them out so there is a max of two but if you don't, you don't really want more than 3 at one base regardless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]