StarCraft® II

nerf infestors

If anything they should be buffed to actually have neural parasite last the full time
Reply Quote
pathetic

Gold level zerg says what?

says that was a pathetic game and both those kids were terrible, league's are @##*ed up so i don't want to hear this im diamond i am god b.s. i fight more hard silvers then i do plat's

lol

wanna 1v1?

replays always make people look worse than they are, because in the moment it's a lot harder to play than it is when you're sitting there looking at the entire map not having to think about the game at hand.

And regarding running your army away...this is true, but I could still have enough energy left over in my infestors to march up to his main base and pretty much wreck everything, you gotta deal with them at some point...besides, I had enough lings to handle his hydras anyway, especially if I burrow ambushed him
Edited by BygameHunter on 8/13/2010 9:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
pathetic

Gold level zerg says what?

says that was a pathetic game and both those kids were terrible, league's are @##*ed up so i don't want to hear this im diamond i am god b.s. i fight more hard silvers then i do plat's

lol

wanna 1v1?

replays always make people look worse than they are, because in the moment it's a lot harder to play than it is when you're sitting there looking at the entire map not having to think about the game at hand.

And regarding running your army away...this is true, but I could still have enough energy left over in my infestors to march up to his main base and pretty much wreck everything, you gotta deal with them at some point...besides, I had enough lings to handle his hydras anyway, especially if I burrow ambushed him

i hate zvz, but i have replays of me doing the exact same tactic to out micro a dominating toss player he called it a "lucky win" because i was able to stop him from expo'ing using a few infestors/roaches/hydra's

what makes it noob to me is the fact thta a 30 minutes game zvz ends up as a large income with next to no production or battling just a bunch of running away in a situation they could have taken advantage of and there was more then one.
Reply Quote

If you had enough lings to kill his entire army then how does that show that 18 infestors spawning IT's to kill them is op ? I mean what did you have, 50 lings?

Really just take anything that you can make from the resources you spent on those infestors and fight the 2 together. If you use pure IT's you won't win, maybe if you use FG.
Reply Quote
I was expecting some cool NP or FG action. Basically you had already won the game at that point to be able to build that many infestors and sit back. Honestly I was surprised he didn't build any spore towers after your first 3 mutas killed his 3.
Reply Quote
surprise attacks goes a long way...

I do think Infestor's cost too much in gas.
You can make them at the same time you can start Mutas.

I see this strat as using mass hallucinate though they do damage.

Good against Voidrays I wonder? They're slow but faster on creep. So.. not a bad defense.
Reply Quote
Infestors are worse than Dark Templars if the enemy doesn't have detectors.

[Amusing note: Google Chrome wants to autocorrect "infestors" as "investors".]
Reply Quote

Infestors have something for pretty much any kind of fight, dark templars have their 15 seconds of glory (what's the overseer morph time?) then fall into novelty.
Reply Quote

Infestors have something for pretty much any kind of fight, dark templars have their 15 seconds of glory (what's the overseer morph time?) then fall into novelty.

Right, the fact that they can do their damage and then get the hell out of there is what makes them so lethal...pop a punch of infested Terrans, walk away, rinse, repeat...most people won't be scan the ground to find your infestors, and even if they do, you can always put them in a hidden place that htey wouldn't think to scan.

Everyone should note once again that I would never say that anything zerg has should be nerfed, as I have played too many games against both protoss and terran to think that Zerg need to be touched with anything that resembles a nerf bat.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]