StarCraft® II

Most useless campaign unit?

Why did you necro this and start talking like these people posted this the other day? This thread is TWO years old. Count it...2 years. That is over 700 days.
Reply Quote
firebats. Marines are better in every single way.
Reply Quote
08/22/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Princess
firebats. Marines are better in every single way.

agree prehaps if we could put 4 in a bunker (or 2 and 2 marines) like in SC 1 instead of just one and thats it (1 and 2 mainres if you take the upgrade) I just prefer to put more marines in there
Reply Quote
Spectre. Expensive, slow to produce, and again there is too much detection. Probably their only good use is in creating walls, but that's a very expensive wall that is much easier done with other options.

actually I find upgraded spectres gear in All In. Group of them with psi lash and drive off kerriagn easy
Reply Quote
psionic lash is cool and all, but to be honest, the stun attack is better, its stupid good. On The Great Train Robbery, I ambushed both marauder kill teams (on Brutal) with a few Specters and tanks. Mind Blast, the tanks clean up the rest. Done. Mission is a breeze after that.

Specters are amazing in both attack and defense, super, stunningly good unit with a lot more applications than just Psionic lash during the All In mission.
Reply Quote
Goliath - Never used them, even on Welcome to the Jungle, mass medic/marine is so much more effective

goliath is actually pretty wel which is part of the reason they aren't in wings of liberty multiplayer but the warhound is basically the same thing in HoTS
Reply Quote
08/24/2012 09:27 AMPosted by VIPER
Goliath - Never used them, even on Welcome to the Jungle, mass medic/marine is so much more effective

goliath is actually pretty wel which is part of the reason they aren't in wings of liberty multiplayer but the warhound is basically the same thing in HoTS

I don't know about the vanilla goliath but with both upgrades they get retarded.
Reply Quote
all of my favorite units have been listed here D:

raven is actually saving my bacon on Moebius Factor--PDD blocks spore shots
vultures are terrible until you buy replenishing mag, then they're ok.
spectres are also really helpful on MF--NUKES.
yeah IDK why they tell you that goli is a better unit vs. air, although it becomes somewhat usable with upgrades.....
Reply Quote
The Vulture, sure you've got a unit that does decent damage vs Light units, and their Spider Mines are goodif you manage to actually use them on something, but... Perdition turrets can replace them easily in terms of anti-infantry, Hellions i never used, i simply used Firebats instead, because they're more cost-effective, being organic, you can actually heal Firebats.

I never used Wraiths, Vultures, or Hellions, well i never made them myself, but i used the ones the campaign gave me. I also didn't really use the spectre, which is probably why i couldn't get past All-In on Normal (Fuggin Kerrigan and her massive damage...)
Reply Quote
Firebats are terrible except on outbreak and it's premier mission imo.
Reply Quote
I know it's been mentioned but for me, it's the raven. I'm more of a fan of the old fashioned science vessel. Never really used the raven in campaign or multiplayer.

I do agree that wraiths weren't super helpful either but I liked seeing the old units in the campaign.
Reply Quote
I think that the problem with the Raven is that everything it does isn't really needed in Singleplayer, while the Science Vessel is crazy good.
Also, All In, taking out the air units, with a big wall of tanks (with the lower FF damage), SVs, and FIELDS of perdition turrets is stupid easy on Normal. I missed the Kill X Zerg achievement because I only used the artifact once…
Reply Quote
08/07/2010 12:20 AMPosted by TheEnglish
I've used Reapers, Wraiths, Goliaths, and Banshees an exorbitant amount.... Could say I won the campaign that way. Yall's just hatin' on good units

You did it all in casual though... Pretty much all of the units utterly decimate the enemy on casual.

Try those units out on brutal/hard now.
Reply Quote
I admit the first playthru i chose Herc, but the next couple i did use predators, with ultra cpastitors they make short work of literally anything on the gorund, i really like them in believe it or not.. all in, no air units. its just a wicked fast way of getting to the nydus worms and they eat lings for lunch, paired with science vessels and a BC for air support, they are acutally very useful
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]