US and EU client on the same computer ?!

Hello everyone,
First of all, please sorry my poor english...
i buy 2 license of starcraft 2 one is localise in Europe and the other one is US.
I play with the US one about one week now (this game is awesome!) but the only autorized language is english. So i decide to buy a digital copy of an Europe license of the game. All done, i download the Europe client (in french) and start the installation in an other location on my hard disk... but just before the installation begin... 3 errors appears:

(here is the translation of mine from that error; sorry... :S)

Le dossier "C:\Documents and Settings\Max-Kat-Suly\Mes documents\StarCraft II" already exist.
Le dossier "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\StarCraft II" already exist. The actual content of this folder will be erase.
Le fichier "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Démarrer\Programmes\StarCraft II\StarCraft II.lnk" will be overwrite.

If i click continue the installation... do i be able to play with my Europe client AND my US one or it's not possible to do and i don't want to have some problem with my US one if i lost some files :S

All my friend are on the US one but i want to do the campaing in French...

Thank you for your answers

Fruit
Edited by Fruit on 8/9/2010 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
up :)
nobody know if i can continue the installation without any risk ?!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Fruit,

Only one copy of StarCraft II may be installed on a computer at any given time. This includes different regional versions. For example, you are unable to have the North American version and the European version installed on the same computer, as this may cause issues with gameplay, patching, etc.

While it is possible to install multiple copies onto a single computer, we are unable to guarantee the game will work or will be problem free. The use of multiple copies on a single computer is not supported and as such, we will be unable to assist with any issues that may arise.

Additionally, Battle.net Accounts can only support one StarCraft II Game License per region. This means that, unlike World of Warcraft, you can only apply *one* StarCraft II Authentication Key/Digital Purchase to a Battle.net Account for a given region.

Technical Support is available
7 days a week!, 8am-8pm Pacific Time
I'm not available Friday/Saturday

Please take a minute to fill out a quick survey: http://www.surveymk.com/s/DRDY7D8
Reply Quote
"Additionally, Battle.net Accounts can only support one StarCraft II Game License per region. This means that, unlike World of Warcraft, you can only apply *one* StarCraft II Authentication Key/Digital Purchase to a Battle.net Account for a given region. "

I have both a EU account and a US account. I only have the US client installed on my laptop and I want to have a EU client also. you said that battlenet accounts do not support having 2 region games on it when my battle.net acount has 2 starcrafts binded to it. 1 being US and the other being EU. I have tried using the CD to download the EU client because that is where i live now but i do not want to get rid of my us client because that is where all of my friends from the states play. What can i do?
Reply Quote
"Additionally, Battle.net Accounts can only support one StarCraft II Game License per region. This means that, unlike World of Warcraft, you can only apply *one* StarCraft II Authentication Key/Digital Purchase to a Battle.net Account for a given region. "

According ot this, is playing on a foreign region forbidden?
I happen to live in Latin America but most of my playing friends live in USA, but I'm just unable to download the US client. Is this really necessary? I used to play TFT and World of warcraft on north american servers (hence my friendships) and rarely had any problems with lag...
Reply Quote
Any update on this? I'm trying to play (in Canada) with my cousin in Norway.
Reply Quote
install both clients to a different directory and you should be fine.
Reply Quote
There is an app you can DL that will switch it for you, thats how destinoob and other casters do it. You can absolutely switch clients on one machine. the official blizzard policy may say no but it just means they dont support it.

It's entirely possible tho
Reply Quote
I solved my problems by buying two extra HDDs. One for my KR account and one for my EU account. There goes some more money, but its the only reliable way to do it for now. Of course having to install streaming software, etc. on 3 OSs is a pain, but an extra 4 TB doesn't hurt. xD
Reply Quote
" "

I have both a EU account and a US account. I only have the US client installed on my laptop and I want to have a EU client also. you said that battlenet accounts do not support having 2 region games on it when my battle.net acount has 2 starcrafts binded to it. 1 being US and the other being EU. I have tried using the CD to download the EU client because that is where i live now but i do not want to get rid of my us client because that is where all of my friends from the states play. What can i do?

SinTi, can you tell me how to buy and bind the two games to one account? I'm trying to figure out how to buy an EU version online so that I can play in EU tournaments etc. I currently live in NA and play on NA server though.. : (

Thanks
Reply Quote
Pretty much the same here. I want to buy (digital purchase) SC2 EU, so I can play on EU server, but I get this warning :

"Retail copies sold in Canada (your account country) will connect to the North America game region."

I already have the US client to play on NA server so I don't want two different clients that connect on the same server. I don't want to change my region either.

Any tip?
Reply Quote
I have the same problem I have an NA account and just bought an Europe one, but I don't know how to use it..
Reply Quote
I have both NA and EU versions installed working fine with no problems at all for more than a year.
You can safely install both versions of the Starcraft II client, as long as you install them in different locations.(For instance on "../Starcraft II" and "../Starcraft II - NA" folders)
You will need to download the installer for the additional license that you have and use that one. You cannot use the same installer for different region licenses/languages.

However since they are different region licenses,you can have both licenses on the same account.But i strongly recommend that you add your second license on a secondary account(different email address), because global play is coming in the near future.

After you are done installing and have patched completely the two clients,you will need to change two variables in a text file,so that you don't have to change them each time you want to switch servers.

Read the first problem solution i give here on how to do that
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6248186508
If you are still having problems,then read the second problem solution in the same thread.
Edited by OneManArmy on 8/12/2012 5:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]