StarCraft® II

Crashes when trying to get into the lab

Hey

After this recent patch, I have been experiencing some problems when playing the campaign mode.

The situation at hand is:

I am replaying everything on normal difficulty and I just finished the "Great Train Robery" mission. When I get back onto the Hyperion, every time I try to go into the laboratory, the second I get in, the system freezes and crashes and the only thing I could do at that point is manually turn off the mac.

Here is what I have in regards to system specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 320M

Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks in advance.
Edited by Hitch on 8/9/2010 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the same issue, my game crashes randomly in Hyperion and I need to force reboot. it's also happen in multiplayer too. I feel it's the graphics card overheating. I'm really unsure tho. I think we have same specs: I play on MacBook pro 13".
Reply Quote
same issue only it crashes right after i upgrade something in the lab and try and exit the upgrade screen.
Reply Quote
Same as CapnPatty over here; random crashes on the lab. Sometimes when trying to select an available research, others when trying exit the lab screen.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can y'all post full system specs?

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]