StarCraft® II

Music?

I was kinda gettin bored af all the serious threads in the Zerg forums so I thought I'd attempt to make a light hearted one. So...

As a Zerg, what music do you listen to while playing SC2 or just in general while not on SC2?For some reason I can picute a lot of Zerg being Metal Heads (like myself). For me it's a massive amount of Rush but also a lot of Children of Bodom, Opeth, Lamb of God, Alestorm, Dimmu Borgir, Kamelot, Symphony-X, 3 Inches of Blood, Winds of Plague, Kilswitch Engage, Disturbed, Pantera, Metallica, and Megadeth. Occasionally Abigail Williams, Static X, System of a Down, Tool, Shadows Fall, Amon Amarth, Rhapsody, Avantasia and other such bands.

Don't know why but I can't picture anyone playin Zerg while blastin out some hardcore Hanna Montana, Jonas Brothers, or Justin Bieber. Maybe Terran would though....

Anyway, please discuss.
Edited by Robert on 8/13/2010 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm a Major Tool fan. But i have to say Pink floyd takes the cake when it comes to Zerg.

I do like Pink Floyd but for me when it comes to playnig as Zerg and making some of the most brutal looking creatures I've ever seen in a video game listening to the most brutal music I have just seems right.
Edited by Robert on 8/13/2010 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Metalhead here. Nothing quite like a run through of Kill 'Em All for an aggressive game.
Reply Quote
Metalhead here. Nothing quite like a run through of Kill 'Em All for an aggressive game.

Hell's yeah man. +1 to that.
Reply Quote
I like listening to psytrance... Skazi, Infected Mushroom, G.M.S., 1200 Micrograms, etc. I've also been listening to the Inception soundtrack on repeat during games. The last few tracks where the brass instruments are going crazy makes for seriously epic battles.
Reply Quote
Eluveitie
Drist
Disturbed

:)
Reply Quote

Don't know why but I can't picture anyone playin Zerg while blastin out some hardcore Hanna Montana, Jonas Brothers, or Justin Bieber. Maybe Terran would though....

Anyway, please discuss.

I am imagining a 9 year old girl in a room decorated with bright pink unicorns and ponies, blasting Justin Bieber, and facerolling everything with her 1a-and-forget strategy.
Reply Quote
Eluveitie
Drist
Disturbed

Oh em geee, Eluveitie is soooo awesome! FOLK METAL FOREVER!
Edited by Sivil on 8/13/2010 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I'm gonna have to check them out. Cause I do like Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Amon Amarth and Alestorm.

If you don't know who Alestorm is check them out. Pirate based folk metal is fantastic.
Edited by Robert on 8/13/2010 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm gonna have to check them out. Cause I do like Korpiklaani, Finntroll, and Alestorm.

If you don't know who Alestorm is check them out. Pirate based folk metal is fantastic.

Alestorm, Vried, and Kevimetsan Druidi opened for Eluveitie at Heathen Fest, I broke a rib against the stage, and stayed up front the rest of the night anyway because they're THAT AWESOME. Love ELuveitie. Chrigel stepped on my fingers at one point, by accident, I was so proud. :D
Reply Quote
Ehh.. Cole Porter, Ella Fitzgerald, Jack Shaindlin, Frank Sinatra, The Ink Spots, various other jazz... And when I get tired of the oldies..

Aesop Rock, Eyedea and Abilities, Atmosphere, The Orphanage, and various other underground Hip Hop.. and when I get tired of hip hop..

Bob Dylan, Simon and Garfunkle, Buffalo Springfield, and various other folk..

Yeah, strange mix.
I hate rock music for the most part.
Reply Quote
Alestorm, Vried, and Kevimetsan Druidi opened for Eluveitie at Heathen Fest, I broke a rib against the stage, and stayed up front the rest of the night anyway because they're THAT AWESOME. Love ELuveitie. Chrigel stepped on my fingers at one point, by accident, I was so proud. :D

I'd love to go to a fest like that but they are always in Europe and when they do come to the States they seem to stay well away from Western PA.
Reply Quote
Although I like most musical styles, I seem to stick to videogames OST when it comes to hearing something while playing.
Reply Quote
Metal, or the origional SC1 Zerg BGMs.

im sorry, but sc1 zerg had some sick ass riffs going on for em.

RADIO ZERG
Reply Quote

I'm gonna have to check them out. Cause I do like Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Amon Amarth and Alestorm.

Oh man, if you like all those bands then you're gonna LOVE Eluveitie. I love Alestorm... my friends and I like to have drunken sing alongs all the time :D
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vaJ7IEu6go Miss this track so much.
Reply Quote

Oh man, if you like all those bands then you're gonna LOVE Eluveitie. I love Alestorm... my friends and I like to have drunken sing alongs all the time :D

"(Hey Hey)
I want more wenches
(Hey Hey)
More wenches and mead
(Hey Hey)
I want more wenches
Lots of wenches is what I need"

Has to be the best druken sing a long song of all time. Wenches and Mead FTW.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH_7_XRfTMs on repeat
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]