StarCraft® II

game key?

My roommate just bought the game online via digital download, and can't find his game key, so he can't play...

I can't find my game key either.... Not that I want to give mine to him, but I figured I would find it and tell him where it is.

What gives?
Reply Quote
Digital download does not give you a gamekey. The game is automatically added to your battle.net account. You use that account to log into the game.
Reply Quote
No worries. Just install the game and log into the account he bought the digital download with,
Reply Quote
That's nice to know, thanks for the reply.

Rant:
But that could be explained in the prompt that ask you to attach the game to your account when you first install. Or better yet just ask if you want to attach the game to you account when you log in to the game or play as a "guest" from a different account. Confusing and unnecessary.
Reply Quote
It's always in the last place you look. So just look there first. EZ.
Reply Quote
-__-
Reply Quote
This ticked me off aswell...but thanks for the info
Reply Quote
Also not a fan of this surprise "you should have something - but you won't be able to find it if you bought the digital downlaod" message and a 40 minute wait to talk to customer service... thankfully I found this info while on hold.
Reply Quote
I also had a mini freak out until reading this thread.. thanks
Reply Quote
Obvious game key is obvious......wait....
Reply Quote
Agreed. This could have been more clearly explained by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info i was starting to freak....
Reply Quote
In the same boat with everyone else.. Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]