StarCraft® II

Custom Game Achievements Clarification

Community Manager
There’s been some recent confusion regarding how Custom Game Achievements vs. A.I. opponents are earned. These achievements are earned by creating a "Custom Game" match in multiplayer, and adding A.I. opponents per the description on the specific achievement. Note that these achievements are not earned by playing against A.I. players in a "Versus A.I." match in single-player.

For those unfamiliar with creating a custom match in multiplayer, simply enter multiplayer, select “Create A Game” in the Custom Game section, select your desired map, and then add an A.I. player (+A.I.) to your game. Achievements are earned for matching up against Medium A.I. and higher.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the clarification
Reply Quote
this makes sense, thanks
Reply Quote
Thanks, Bashiok. Lots of questions about this - and missed achievements! Would be nice if there was an in-game tool-tip or indication for players too.
Reply Quote
i got my guide two achievements facing very easy ai
Reply Quote
What I'm confused about is:
In Profile > Career Stats > Games Played
- what counts as Custom Games
- what counts as Co-Op vs AI
- are Single Player VS AI counted
- practice league matches are counted as Co-Op vs AI, is that a bug
Reply Quote
do the games have to be on blizz maps to count? I'm appearing to get mixed results but I can't tell if it's because of the custom maps I play melee on.
Reply Quote
do the games have to be on blizz maps to count? I'm appearing to get mixed results but I can't tell if it's because of the custom maps I play melee on.

Pretty sure they do else the achievements will be worthless as many people make 'cheap' maps that take zero skill to beat comps in.

~~~~~~~~

And thanks for this thread. An in-game tooltip would be very useful though for people not already aware of this.
Reply Quote
This is stupid, and not at all intuitive. Why don't Custom single player vs AI games count??
Reply Quote
This makes me feel like a complete dip-@#%#
Reply Quote
Is there a way to add a game to your custom list that you downloaded outside of battlenet? I've downloaded this nifty unit tester map, and every time i want to run it, i have to exit starcraft 2 completely, launch the map editor and test the map. Is there an easier way than that to run a map downloaded from one of the map sites?
Edited by Malminos on 8/17/2010 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ah, awesome, now it all make sense.

I was one of the many people scratching their head and wondering why I was not even seeing any progress toward these. Many thanks.
Reply Quote
what about where it says you have to play it solo against the ai
Reply Quote
Oh so thats how it works :D
Reply Quote
I found you can't complete the "Co-op vs AI" achievement by having a 2v2 with AI as your partner. It's gotta be human co-op vs AI, probably through the Cooperative button at the top right.
Reply Quote

- practice league matches are counted as Co-Op vs AI, is that a bug

I'm having the same problem with the above
Reply Quote
Does it matter what category you set your custom game as? Melee, Coop vs. AI, or Custom Game?
Reply Quote
Why doesn't the Zergling Rush achievement come up? According to the build order stats my best time was four minutes, seven seconds.
Reply Quote
Why doesn't the Zergling Rush achievement come up? According to the build order stats my best time was four minutes, seven seconds.

This time it was done in four minutes, six AND I know I was connected to Battlenet, because I got the "Zerglot" achievement [play Zerg and snagging a protoss worker to eventually use a warp prism to warp in a zealot]. I have the replay if someone from Blizzard wants to review it and see if there's a glitch at work.
Reply Quote
No custom game achievements work for me, except for 1. I've followed these steps and done it on bliz maps, and fan maps but nothing works.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]