StarCraft® II

Artanis or Zeratul

During development, Blizzard said they were going back and forth between Zeratul and Artanis as the lead character for the protoss campaign (Which hasn't been released yet)

It seems they decided on Zertaul

However, I am an Artanis man myself and believe he shows the struggle of the protoss better than Zeratul, who is an outside loner.

Are you an Artanis or Zeratul man?
Reply Quote
Artanis was the one who was naked inside the scout in Brood War right?
If so I am an Artanis man because now he actually wear stuff over his body with shiny armor
Reply Quote
I like the BW Artanis. The Artanis I see in Utter Darkness just doesn't look or sound right to me.

Zeratul, different league from Artanis. I like him for completely different reasons.
Reply Quote
Artanis Isn't even close to as cool as Zeratul is.
Reply Quote

The only - ONLY - way he is cooler is that he sounds waaay more dramatic when he yells, 'En Taro Tassadar!'

Artanis also has a mothership.

Seriously, who makes motherships anymore?
Reply Quote
I liked both in Sc2. In sc/bw- Zeratul> Artanis /spoilers
The last Toss mission in Sc2 got to me. It was sad to see their race finally unified only to face extinction; To hear the despair, and regret for killing Kerrigan, yet also determination to go out in a bang.

Reply Quote
Reply Quote
I really miss Artanis' old voice.

I'm pretty sure they are going with Artanis for the protoss campaign but Zeratul will play a huge roll. A lot like Tychus in WoL.
Reply Quote
Rather listen to Selendis for instructions in the Protoss campain. Just cannot stand Artanis's new voice.
Reply Quote
TASSADAR!

and get the original voice actor ¬¬
Edited by Chaz on 8/12/2010 10:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Artanis got a bit of a promotion, I think it only makes sense for him to dress/talk differently.
Reply Quote
I'll go with Artanis if they put him in a scout that's epicly buffed and has the old Overload ability.
Reply Quote
I can relate more to Zeratul... ya know... being a loner myself...
Reply Quote
I have a difficult time picking one because they are so equal and opposite in my opinion. Zeratul is a solo strike force, sticking to the shadows and taking out decisive targets, he can turn the tide of a battle literally by himself. Artanis on the other hand, is a competent general, and a shining leader, preferring to guide the entire protoss army to be more effective, over engaging in specific conflicts. Zeratul and Artanis represent two halves of a whole for me. If I had to pick my favorite in Starcraft 2, I would have to go with Artanis, mainly because of the transition from what he was in brood war, to what he is now, almost as if attempting to fill Tassadar's shoes.
Edited by Zaxil on 8/13/2010 3:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd have to go with artanis. I just can't forget the dialog before the UED blockade.

Zeratul: "But we did so with the help of the humans, do not be so quick to underestimate them"
Artanis: "Of course... Executor, I will test the mettle of these humans"

Of course, it may also have something to do with the fact that my most recent encounter with zeratul is best summed up in the words "TIDINGS OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]