StarCraft® II

Don't Mutalisks ever land?

They must be exhausted, what with those wings constantly flapping. Don't they ever take five? Perch on a hatchery or something?
Reply Quote
I imagine OP with his 12 marauders getting muta harassed thinking "DON'T YOU GUYS GET TIRED? COME DOWN HERE AND TAKE A BREAK :("
Reply Quote
Lore-wise, they can land and slither like a serpent upon doing so. I think it's "Speed of Darkness" in which they describe a grounded Mutalisk and the manner in which it moves upon such, it's an awkward movement if not mistaken...it's been a while.
Reply Quote
I assume they perch in the Spire.
Reply Quote
They only stop to perch on the dead terran carcasses, which we all know is after the match is over so we don't see it.
Reply Quote
They must be exhausted, what with those wings constantly flapping. Don't they ever take five? Perch on a hatchery or something?

5 hour energy. Hours of energy now, no "Damn it, I need to land and get hit by Siege tanks" feeling later.
Reply Quote
They never live long enough to get tired.
Reply Quote

5 hour energy. Hours of energy now, no "Damn it, I need to land and get hit by Siege tanks" feeling later.

You sir, win an internets.
Reply Quote
Their blood is red bull.

RED BULL GIVES WIIIIINGS
Reply Quote
Question of the century, i always thought that they hung upside down like bats from an Ultralisk or something.
Reply Quote
They could probably relax a bit when they're in space, but they still flap their wings even though there's no way that could do anything. Maybe it's involuntary.
Reply Quote
Don't sharks never stop swimming?
Reply Quote

Depends upon the Shark, nurse Sharks do while Great Whites do not...if I'm not mistaken.
Reply Quote

Depends upon the Shark, nurse Sharks do while Great Whites do not...if I'm not mistaken.

Okay Mr Killjoy.
Reply Quote
why don't they just effortlessly levitate like overlords, broodlords, and corrputors?
Reply Quote

If any fish stops swimming it will not have enough water running through its' gills and will suffocate. Unless it has a means otherwise to store oxygen or pump water through its gill, a fish always has to move.
Reply Quote
It's an optical illusion, just like that Old Spice commercial where the dude is standing on a log in the lake and bakes a cake and uses a saw to cut through the counter before flying into the hot tub. If you zoom in real close there are wires (on the mutalisk, the Old Spice guy just used magic).
Edited by Beast on 8/13/2010 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

If any fish stops swimming it will not have enough water running through its' gills and will suffocate. Unless it has a means otherwise to store oxygen or pump water through its gill, a fish always has to move.

Not all fish need to constantly swim.

And why do you think Mutas cost 50 gas? So they don't have to land.
Reply Quote

Unfortunately, Sharks aren't fish. And so long as there's a current that will pass awter through their gills, they don't necessarily have to be swimming (although in order to stay in a single place in the current, this is usually required).
Reply Quote

Unfortunately, Sharks aren't fish. And so long as there's a current that will pass awter through their gills, they don't necessarily have to be swimming (although in order to stay in a single place in the current, this is usually required).

Sharks are fish.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]