StarCraft® II

ZvT Question(At the bottom) & League question

Hey everyone I just started playing 3 weeks ago and I am loving the game, and I'm pretty damn addicted already lol. I just finished my 50 practice league games yesterday that I was completing over a span of my 3 weeks w/ custom games and youtube commentary to try to get skilled (HDstarcraft and Painuser ftw! Love the dual commentary!) before I did my 5 placement league games.

My first three placement games I won. I've been going Random, to try to be a well balanced player and learn each race, I really want to get good at this game lol, but I know eventually I will go one race primarily, I figure this, because that is what the pros do, and they aren't pros because they are bad, but maybe I will just stick with random who knows. Each one I thought I was a bit better than my opponent and I was getting quite excited. But on my 4th game I played TvP and I think I was decently matched with this oppenent, imo a bit better, he was quite cheesy too, but he warped prism DT dropped in my mineral line as my workers were finishing the missile turrets and it lost me the game (Very fustrating!) now that I look back I probably should of gone raven as soon as I got my starport.

The 5th game was ZvT and this game really pissed me off, because imo I had the better economy, with 3 bases vs 2 bases and had the better army but my Terran Opponent went Strong Thors and totally devastated my superior army imo.

So now that my life story is told here are my two questions:

1. What damn Zerg Unit counters Thors, I tried Hydras and just got crushed, now I kinda think that was stupid, maybe Lings with speed bonus surrounding them? I don't know!

2. Is there a place where I can view the ladders and the names of the leagues, like I know there is Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Diamond, but that is about it, and I was placed into Gold and it had a weird name sub division thing. So is there a place that lists the leagues and their sub divisions (If any, I don't know if I am correct about this) in order? And if not will someone please post it. Thanks a bunch everyone and anyone who takes time to read my post and answer I appreciate it!
Reply Quote
1. What damn Zerg Unit counters Thors, I tried Hydras and just got crushed, now I kinda think that was stupid, maybe Lings with speed bonus surrounding them? I don't know!

Zerglings. Hydras aren't bad
Reply Quote
zergling/ultralisk beats thor/tank/helion/marine (usually marauders too, but mass marauders will crush ultras at higher level play and you don't have enough lings)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]