High Masters Terran answering ALL questions

Since all of you Terrans are crying and accepting help from plats and golds and getting completely wrong advice, I thought I might make a thread to help my race. Ask away!

Edit 7-10-12: Changed title to high masters terran because I realized I am one and have been one for a while now.

Edit 7-29-12: This thread has reached it's post limit and I've created a new one: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6201231537
Edited by BlackDeath on 7/29/2012 9:58 PM PDT
what about my advice was wrong? o.O?
01/04/2012 02:40 PMPosted by KARELIAN
what about my advice was wrong? o.O?

Link your thread and I'll point out as many as I can.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3811496626
"If you are producing things constantly, you will be able to hold off early rushes. Scouting for things that your opponent is doing, for example proxies, also helps. (takes a while to learn)
When your income increases, you simply need to make more stuff. (this is very hard)"

This advice is wrong. VS many early rushes you will need to build bunkers/bring scvs. Also you should have given more specific things to scout for. Such as vs protoss chrono boost amount and pylon count. Also gas amount and when they pull of drones for zerg.
do you even go bio vs protoss anymore
01/04/2012 03:08 PMPosted by aGawakeN

yes I do, and I win the majority of my TvP's with bio. Terran is favored in TvP now it is certainly do able, especially with the build I've been doing. TvP is my best MU probably.
"If you are producing things constantly, you will be able to hold off early rushes. Scouting for things that your opponent is doing, for example proxies, also helps. (takes a while to learn)
When your income increases, you simply need to make more stuff. (this is very hard)"

This advice is wrong. VS many early rushes you will need to build bunkers/bring scvs. Also you should have given more specific things to scout for. Such as vs protoss chrono boost amount and pylon count. Also gas amount and when they pull of drones for zerg.

This response that I gave was based upon league. the people that the player I was advising is going to be playing against, 9 times out of ten, are not going to be able to execute rushes well enough to win based off of them if the defender's macro is good enough. Thusly, I felt this response was sufficient. It is true that the advice is incorrect, but I think it gets the job done better than telling him a lot of complicated stuff that isn't going to be all that relevant until later on.
01/04/2012 03:14 PMPosted by BlackDeath

yes I do, and I win the majority of my TvP's with bio. Terran is favored in TvP now it is certainly do able, especially with the build I've been doing. TvP is my best MU probably.

Please post rep of your TvP then. I have not beat a protoss yet.
PvT help would be good. I was like 1-15 vs toss and then after beating them that one time, I lost against 4 toss in a row again. Then I threw a bunch of games from frustration due to my hatred of Protoss and all that they represent.

Cheers
Ok the majority of questions I am getting are about TvP, so I will answer them all here.

My go to build in TvP is the 1 rax reactor fe build that puma does often. It makes you look like you are 1-1-1ing, but really you are fast expanding. From there I do a 4 rax stim push with upgrades and starport ready a few minutes after the push to transition well into the late game. On most maps I will often win with the first push. On maps that have an FFable ramp (shakuras, antiga, entombed) I will win some of the time with the first push. Usually if the protoss doesn't have more than 4 full energy sentries on those maps I will win more. When I do not win, my reactored starport and +1 attack are ready by the 11:30 mark and I have a third on the way.

Here is a replay and will explain pretty much everything itself: http://sc2rep.com/replays/%28T%29BlackDeath_vs_%28P%29dblrainbow/17030

Here is the BO for the build:
10 depot
12 rax
13 gas
15/16 OC
16 depot
@~50 gas pull off scvs unless a probe is there, in that case wait till it leaves.
@1 marine, reactor
@400 mins CC
@reactor constant marine production

From there the BO is less specific and you can see about when I get everything.
Pretty much the order is rax, depot, rax, OC, rax. I get upgrades in the order of stim, combat shield, concussive shells. I get an engi bay at 8 minutes also to start upgrades. A bit before I move out I get I move out a bit after concussive is started which is around ~9:50. The most tech a protoss will have by the time I get there is one collosus, which is hard to stop the push with. You can just stim a few marauders towards it and it will either kite or die. I highly suggest looking at the replay because I cannot explain everything clearly in words. Also if you have any questions I'm open to answer them.
Edited by BlackDeath on 1/9/2012 6:08 PM PST
How can I beat mass lings. Every other unit zerg has I'm ok with. And yes, I go marine tank.
01/04/2012 05:19 PMPosted by pleatedpants
How can I beat mass lings. Every other unit zerg has I'm ok with. And yes, I go marine tank.

I really don't see how that would be hard to stop. As long as you are keeping up on upgrades pure ling easy to beat. Marines cost efficiently beat lings alone, with tanks it makes pure ling not viable because they would get destroyed so easily. Pure ling couldn't directly engage a terran army no matter what, they would have no decent harass, they would have no way to deny expoes. They would have absolutely nothing good. I think the only way you could lose to it would be if they were up on upgrades by a ton and had a vastly superior economy. Posting a replay would be useful, I suspect an upgrade or macro error on your part would cause you to lose to this.
01/04/2012 05:29 PMPosted by eXwOn
how do I convince girls playing starcraft isn't a complete turn-off?

Your best bet is to just not talk about it. Although if you can prove to them that it is actually similar to a sport and that you can make money off it they may respect it more. But your best bet is to just not mention it.
01/04/2012 05:29 PMPosted by eXwOn
how do I convince girls playing starcraft isn't a complete turn-off?

Get married, then starcraft will be on the bottom of the list of things that turn her off.
So lyke I somehow 2rax scv all in'd to masterz nao i just cant compete what do i do now?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]