StarCraft® II

Co-op campaign mode

I think that it would be interesting to add a co-op mode to the HoTS campaign, as well as possibly add it to the WoL campaign. The co-op version could be selected for a particular mission once you had already beaten that mission. This would be a rather simple way to create an exciting, dynamic angle to the campaign, which would probably be more fun in co-op than the usual multiplayer gameplay.
Reply Quote
Totally agree.

At a minimum I would love to see a separate co-op campaign off of battle.net complete with animation sequences and other single player goodness. It could play like the mini-campaign from WoL. Would be a great sell to those that love RTS, but aren't competitive enough to enjoy the ladder.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I really enjoyed the WoL campaign, but I also like playing with my friends, and I think that a co-op campaign would be a good way to give lots of variance/scenario for friendly play.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, the Campaign set onto single player.
I don't see a MP Campaign coming out really soon.
And especially the normal campaign being MP.
No, it would have to be a mini campaign, still able to contribute to the actual plot and not be filler, but not so massive that if people don't do it then they aren't missing out too much.
Reply Quote
Why not? New missions, side campaign with a friend (like team ladder), and harder missions. I'm in!
Reply Quote
01/18/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Amridell
Why not? New missions, side campaign with a friend (like team ladder), and harder missions. I'm in!

You know how in the old sonic games how you could play the game solo, but, if you had a friend he could play tails?

I say let the SC campaign stay single player focused, but, allow for the option to allow a friend to tag in. realistically not all missions can be made so that 2 players can have 2 bases and etc but I say add special missions where you would have an ally anyway.

In the first SC there were missions where you could play as both races in special missions. So I say make missions like these and have the option to allow a friend to play the second race with you. For normal solo missions you could even create a mode where both players can micro the units
Reply Quote
That is a FANTASTIC idea 1 player could be Kerrigan and her zerg, while the other plays Raynor!!!
Reply Quote
Agreed. I have wanted this since Total Annihilation. RA had a nice one but I don't like RA.
Reply Quote
It would be ridiculously hard to implement, but also ridiculously awesome.
Reply Quote
BLASPHEMY
Reply Quote
Definitely would get me to buy an extra copy for my brother.
Reply Quote
Didn't Red Alert 3 have someone similar? I never bought Red Alert 3, I've only played it a couple of times on my brothers computer so I can't remember how well it works out.

I think a mini Co-Op campaign would be cool. Perhaps a side story to the main game, kind of like the Zeratul missions. Hell if it's done right, they could sell it as a micro-transaction without the expansion. I'm sure some people would fuss over Blizzard selling a "premium map pack" or jumping on the DLC bandwagon; but if appropriately priced I think it could be a big hit.
Reply Quote
Mini co op campaign sounds super!
Reply Quote
Agreed Please blizz, if it works like Halo Wars, which was a fun game, I would be happy.
Reply Quote
I think there was supposed to be a co-op campaign in WoL, but something stopped them.
Reply Quote
01/16/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Centrifuge
I think that it would be interesting to add a co-op mode to the HoTS campaign, as well as possibly add it to the WoL campaign. The co-op version could be selected for a particular mission once you had already beaten that mission. This would be a rather simple way to create an exciting, dynamic angle to the campaign, which would probably be more fun in co-op than the usual multiplayer gameplay.

I'd rather not. Some of us just crack this game up to unwind and not deal with the online group's more anal retentive personalities.
Reply Quote
Lol they might, like in Warhammer.
Reply Quote
this would also encourage extra sales ;)
Reply Quote
Blizzard also said they liked this idea. You will also notice that they didn't release any Co-op Campaign in WoL. I'm surprised that I'm the only person posting on this that seems to know. You really need to watch more interviews and the such from Blizzard.

I don't expect we will see this is SC2. The best you can hope for is more Blizzard made Co-op maps like "Left 2 Die" which is a Co-op version of the WoL mission "Outbreak".
Reply Quote
Amazing! the campaign would be so much fun[er]
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]