StarCraft® II

Co-op campaign mode

As someone who never bothered to play past the 1st mission in campaign, if this was available...I'd play through all of it with my friends, no doubt at all.
Reply Quote
I imagine it is too late for HOTS because of the amount of development required for something like this, but I don't see why a small 7 mission mini-campaign couldn't happen in LOTV. You could even have the cut scenes be slightly different based on which races are chosen.
Reply Quote
CoOp Campaign would be awesome.

Also Co-Op Challenges where each player can either fight side by side or compete to medal in competitive training challenges.

More team play would be fun. 1v1 is fun and all but team play is more fun. :D
Reply Quote
Personally I think simply putting the co op player in base expansion wouldn't be very hard except for a few maps, or maybe even just letting everyone control everything, while this wouldn't be near as fun as the just making the maps co op it would still allow co op maps more easily.

Idk if anyone has heard of or played Battleforge but I thought they did their campaign amazingly well and if blizzard took a similar approach for a co op campaign it wouldn't be to bad imo.
Reply Quote
My friend that just bought the game a week ago asked me if they had that. I dont know how it would fit in, but i would play it with my friends for sure
Reply Quote
Yes!
Reply Quote
I have said before that I wished there was a co-op campaign. I think they could do it with both players controlling the same units or them controlling armies separately. I think it would be another great way to help new players learn the game and it would be a lot of fun playing on harder difficulties with a partner as well.
Reply Quote
I think we should start small and perhaps get some co-op challenge missions in first :P Im sure the single player is getting too close to done to add this now unfortunately.
Reply Quote
I think that's a great idea. That would be really fun. I really liked playing the Left 2 Die game with a friend, if they can have parts of the campaign as co-op that would be great. If you don't have any friends well... maybe you can just have an AI partner instead.

-Temp
Reply Quote
It works if you make a seperate coop campaign. Trying to make the same campaign work as both coop and single player is a guarantee it will suck.
Reply Quote
I would love to play some starcraft campaign with my friends and brother.
+1
Reply Quote
coop campaign would rock
Reply Quote
does anybody realize that this can be done in the editor to take the original campaign missions and just make them balanced for 2 players why don't you ask for it at www.sc2mapster.com. I personally don't have time to do it as i'm working on my Diablo 2 Act 1 map but someone else might take the request
Reply Quote
+1 Unsure why Blizzard never did double co-op campaign before.
Reply Quote
That's a great idea. I think in WL there are already custom-made map that is doing exactly that, although there are only few that exist.
Reply Quote
I have been wanting something like that. I am unsure as to how it would work Via game play, but co-op would be wicked. I did something similar in SC1, Made a few maps that were from the campaign, tried to make them as close as possible. Computer units were a little tougher, but for the most part it was 2 player Starcraft Campaign. I did however add certain things such as resource trading.

But yea in SC2 it could be implemented so much easier. They already made "Left2die", which is a 2 player version of the campaign level "Outbreak" (Edited a bit)

It would just be wicked to have 2 player Campaign. MY friend and I would love it. We play Ladder but I know for a fact we would love to play campaign together. If I was better with map making (Or if it was as simple as Sc1) i would be all over it.

So yea. 2 player co-op campaign would be fun. But tehy would have to also keep 1 player for those who don;t wnat to play with others. I guess it would have to have options such as -Co-op Play- or -Solo Play- And then co-op would have "play as party" or "find partner".
Reply Quote
At the very least, they could enable "Team Melee" on the regular campaign. The game is played the same like a regular single-player campaign but all players have full control over everything.
You could have one player doing economy/base building, another player doing offense/harassment, etc.
Only problem is it would make some missions way easier. Imagine tackling on final mission.. one player does the regular defense, other player fully dedicated to taking out the nydus worms + more
Reply Quote
Awesome Idea. I requested sticky. It would be way more fun to play a multiplayer campaign.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 11:42 AMPosted by ATHEOTES
Awesome Idea. I requested sticky. It would be way more fun to play a multiplayer campaign.

Reply Quote
This could be done via single player by simply allowing (if you don't want to play online) a npc computer (whos AI is the oppsite of what difficulty you picked, IE you play brutal, AI ally is casual, you pick casual your AI is insain) that you can choose to go online and play with a real person.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]