StarCraft® II

Co-op campaign mode

I think this is a fantastic idea.

Currently zero of my RL friends play SC2. They finished the campaign, tried Multiplayer and got stomped, then quit. I have tried to encourage them and continue to play even though I generally suck. I love it win or lose.

This type of addition would promote people to play longer. It might even be the extra nudge that people need to get invested long term into the SC2 community. Could create competitions and achievements related to completion of Co-Op campaign missions like:

Timer leader board across the whole region.
How awesome would it be trying to find way to shave time and make it to the tops among your fellow players. Sounds a bit like optimizing build orders. Which would be a great way to refine that for pvp oriented players or those who are interested in pvp but get anxious and dont know what to do.

Portraits and Decals
This would be a given, but worth mentioning.

PvP Mode
This is a broader idea.
Instead of standard, kill your opponent and win kind of mode, make it objective based.

Red team must assault capture and hold locations x, y, z to allow for the dropships/warp prisims to bring in reinforcements. Enough reinforcements arrive and your opponent cannot catch up due to your superior supply or tech or static defense fortification.

Blue team are a pair of zerg who are looking to overrun the planet, but the static defense of the Red team cannot be broken in traditional manner. They must control location x y z to allow for Kerigan to deliver the required items to break the defenses. If all parts arrive safely there is no way Red team can stop a breach.

Maybe Blizz wants custom map makers to take on this job. Are there any WoL campaign maps that could be adapted to allow 2 players ( besides Left 2 Die of course)?

Anyway, +1 to Co-Op Campaign... however it is implemented.
Reply Quote
This is another feature I would love to see.

(Observer option) for just being able to watch friends play the campaign.

Just having a slot for people to join and watch if you ever wanted to, it would really amp up the flexibility for allowing people to do new things, and such simple things like these are always good to have. I can't specify how many times i just wanted to hop in where ever a friend was playing the campaign just to see what they were up to, only not even to have the option.

AND - to be more specific, people should not have to join only when a new game starts, should be allowed at whatever progress the game is at, making that work would be very important.
An (on the fly function) to be more exact.
Reply Quote
I agree, except 1:would you have to invite your friends? and 2: who would the second player play in the campaign? lastly 3: if they hadn't beaten that level on the campaign, would they not be able to play it with you?
Reply Quote
agree but if u know on wol there is a custom map call life 2 die and its like a mission on ol which u want to destroy the infisted terran and there base it had a good modes and its need good team worke to finish it on hard and burtal and scenario
Reply Quote
Taking into consideration how the campaign is completely tailored for just 1 player. And also how much time and effort it takes them to make just 1 normal expansion, I would much rather Blizz finish up with HotS & LotV before they do a 2p campaign.

It would make more sense for Blizz to wait till after LotV and then release a separate expansion, or even "Starcraft III" with a 2p campaign feature.

Then they could put all their time and energy into a much larger campaign (Like 50+ missions) that are massive sized and can be played through as any race - Giving the freedom of teaming up with another person, also of any race.
Reply Quote
I have many friends who love this game and we did a great deal of custom games that are co-op based, an integrated co-op campaign or something of the sort would be amazing
Reply Quote
I LOVE THIS IDEA and i have been praying for this to happen since the first starcraft! i hope blizzard tries to make something happen even if its like something they have to update in battle.net after the game comes out
Reply Quote
they need to implement this like Diablo 3 has it. Blizz has been falling behind in their game development.

other games have co-op campaign already, i would hate to have starcraft feel 'dated' already as a game!

If we have to log in to battle .net to play an rpg game then let us have co-op campaign.
Edited by ultravox on 2/7/2013 12:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
You KNOW... Blizzard doesn't listen to us.
Reply Quote
If they will do anthing like this, it will probably be in the arcade, perhaps co-op remakes of popular levels (like Left 2 Die stated above) and will not be a part of the expansions, only fun content to play with your siblings, or friends. :D Although a co-op campaign would surely not go unthanked if Blizzard does such a thing. But if you guys are really wanting co-op stuff, using the world editor properly could give you a co-op level of your own! :p
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Minotaurman
If they will do anthing like this, it will probably be in the arcade, perhaps co-op remakes of popular levels (like Left 2 Die stated above) and will not be a part of the expansions, only fun content to play with your siblings, or friends. :D Although a co-op campaign would surely not go unthanked if Blizzard does such a thing. But if you guys are really wanting co-op stuff, using the world editor properly could give you a co-op level of your own! :p

Actually, co-opt campaigns will go unthanked and much complained about. The online MMO community Blizzard's games have accumulated are among the worst behaved I've seen. Nasty, egotistic, narcissistic, rude and otherwise uncommunicative until you do something wrong because no one bothers to explain anything.
Reply Quote
I would love it if they did this!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]