Walkthrough Brutal NUR (No Upgrades Run)

I'm bumping the tread because I'm making the guide in english now.
There are some improvements in the strats used (the videos have less fails than before and all the secondary objectives of all missions are accomplished), and the sound doesn't cuts nor outsyncs anymore.
The idea is to add to the walktrough a brief explanation of the basic macro and micro mechanics used along the campaign, and a quick guide of the strategy or unit composition for each mission.
I hope you like it.
Reply Quote
Reserved =D
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
01/16/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Cacho
• Don't use units that might not be available when a mission is started.

What does this stipulation mean?
Reply Quote
It means that if you can do a mission before others, the units that you get from the others aren't used in that mission.
For example, you can play supernova before safe heaven and media blitz. Then, in supernova is forbiden to make vikings or thors
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
So only play in linear sequence? no loading saves and re-arranging the avaibility of the new units?

08/17/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Cacho
For example, you can play supernova before safe heaven and media blitz. Then, in supernova is forbiden to make vikings or thors

I ask because when I read that statement above, the game would never let you use vikings/thors if super was played before haven and blitz.
Reply Quote
This walktrough can be done in any sequence because of that rule.
The marines and medics are available in all the missions because the missions that unlock them are mandatory.
But, because you can play a complete branch of missions without playing the first mission of one of the other branches,
• the reapers, goliaths, specters and ghosts can only be used in the covert missions when they're available.
• the firebats, hellions and vikings can only be used in the colonist missions when they're available.
• the diamondblacks, vultures, wraiths and thors can only be used in the rebelion missions when they're available.
• the marauders, tanks, medivacs, banshees and battlecruisers can only be used in the artifact and Char missions when they're available.

So if you play "Supernova" before "Engine of destruction", and you don't have wraiths, you can still follow this walktrough and beat it. Also, if you haven't played "Supernova" yet, you can beat "Engine of destruction" without banshees following this walktrough.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Ah! got it! thanks.
Reply Quote
Seems A sinister Turn on brutal is pretty hard....
Reply Quote
Awesome! I've never thought it's possible!
Reply Quote
7 - 3a All In (Air) -I haven't tried this one again. I don't think I can make it.-:
http://youtu.be/0mLQwNWhH3s

Yeah its pretty tough, I'm trying it with upgrades and its pretty impossible.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7979929582
Reply Quote
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since you posted this, but I got SC2 and the HOTS expansion later. I don't have the videos, but I beat Heart of the Swarm with no upgrades!

That means Kerrigan has two given abilities and I simply did not choose any extra abilities.

I put my thoughts down in this post. Let me know if you have comments or are curious about a level.

Just like Cacho, I found that you can beat every mission with any upgrade choice, with the caveat that I chose which of the two Kerrigan's starting abilities I wanted. But you can change those at any time, so anyone can beat all the missions no matter what permanent upgrades (evolution missions) they chose.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/16718252034

Happy fighting!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]