StarCraft® II

“Stream Sniping” and Customer Service Policy

Streamcheating has no effect on esports.

Actually it does, if top level players like IDRA streamed more, [I've seen several times where he kept getting sniped by Deezer and rage-quit stream] I would watch more, and play more, and tell more friends about it.
As it is, it IS hurting e-sports.
Reply Quote
02/01/2012 08:50 AMPosted by PauseBreak
Why won't blizzard admit that they simply have a BAD MATCHMAKING SYSTEM. It needs to be fixed in such a way that you can only play against a certain player so often. There is no reason you should have to play against deezer 3 times in a row. That is just BAD matchmaking. You should be forced into playing against a variety of players on ladder, making repeat stream sniping impossible.

I don't know how many GM's you think there are? The "pro" pool is pretty small compared to the rest of the sc2 community.
If Blizzard did what you suggest then in a lot of circumstances players would be waiting forever and a day to get matched up.

I think they would prefer waiting to getting matched with Deezer.
Reply Quote
P.S. Blizzard, the community hates sticky's for threads. Some guy leaving SC last night has generated 6 pages in 24 hours, this has been up for 12 days and generated the same amount of replies. Stickies don't work, if its at the top of the forum[below stickies] we know there is interest in the thread, stickies can contain really old material and we have no idea about the interest level. Get rid of stickies.
Reply Quote
Some of them even abuse Battle.NET, by disconnecting from battlenet if their opponent doesn't get matched up with them. If you disconnect during count down, the match is like a tie and neither player loses or gains points.

If you know what opponent you have been matched up against then you're already past the count down and on the loading screen, if you disconnect from the loading screen you get a loss, I've lost power on the loading screen before so I know this all too well.
Reply Quote
When I see my opponent massing, I tech.

When I see my opponent expanding, I mass.

When I see my opponent teching, I expand.
Reply Quote
01/19/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Bashiok
We are absolutely able to enforce, and will continue to do so, violations that include harassment of others in-game, use of hacks, abuse of our reporting tools, and attempts to disrupt the gameplay of others. If you believe that someone is in violation of the game rules it does not warrant behavior, language, or abuse that would earn you, yourself, a suspension from the game. If you'd like to report an offense, please report the player using clear and descriptive language only once; support will review that report and take action based on the validity of the complaint, not the persistence of the reporting.

Can you please explain why you do not inform a person who makes a complaint about abuse the outcome of the complaint? I have complained about very abusive players in the past, yet received no feedback and could see from the player's game history that they continued playing days later.
Reply Quote
Needs a like button.
Reply Quote
Look this isn't Blizzard's problem. First of all SC2 doesn't have built in streaming SW, you actually have to go outside of SC2's design with a 3rd party program to do it in the first place. Why should Blizzard have to police this when it's purely optional to do?

The obvious solution is to either not stream, or have a 10 minute or so delay of your play so that jerks won't be able to pick up on it. Believe it or not there is no requirement forcing you to stream.
Reply Quote
tru dat
Reply Quote
To throw a cliché into the mix "All's fair in love and war". This is war, and as such I refer to a few quotes from Sun Tzu:

- Secret operations are essential in war; upon them the army relies to make its every move.
- Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

In other words, if you are going to let your enemy view your "secret operations" then the obvious way they would "attack the enemy's strategy" is to stream snipe you. That's not me boys & girls, that's Sun Tzu. :)
Reply Quote
They nerfed snipe in 1.4.3

Streamsnipe however working as intended.
Reply Quote
the funny thing is, the situation described is called "stream cheating." stream sniping is when one starts a match search at the same time as a streamer, in order to be matched up. learn your terms if you want to enforce them, blizz.
Reply Quote
I think its funny how Blizzard doesn't even know what stream sniping is :P

Stream Sniping is just queing up when someone else ques up on stream hoping to get matched against them on ladder. Pretty harmless.

Stream CHEATING is watching their stream while playing them and hard countering anything they do.
Reply Quote
good info 2 kwn
Reply Quote
All streamers should add a delay, say 10-30 seconds delay. Would stop some exploits.
Reply Quote
I can even see the option on some streams (when people watch their own stream while streaming, just to check on comments) to use a slider to adjust the delay. So you could even adjust it on the fly, when streaming a game you are playing rather than comentating.

On the other hand, When you take a look at the time ROOTDestiny Pwnt CombatEX regardless of stream-sniping, Well, I'm not sure a problem exists.
Edited by Ranakastrasz on 2/25/2012 11:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
I can even see the option on some streams (when people watch their own stream while streaming, just to check on comments) to use a slider to adjust the delay. So you could even adjust it on the fly, when streaming a game you are playing rather than comentating.

On the other hand, When you take a look at the time ROOTDestiny Pwnt CombatEX regardless of stream-sniping, Well, I'm not sure a problem exists.

That's because CombatEX is a blight on the SC2 community.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]